Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone from Eastern Wa. know if there are any events going on in May?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 22, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to schedule our Mud Race event on a weekend that no other local events are going on.

I know that there are Sand Drags in Moses Lake on the 1st weekend in May, a mud bog (that last year appeared in Petersons 4-wheel and Off-Road) in Bonners Ferry in Idaho on the 2nd weekend of May, and theres one in Montana on Memorial Day Weekend. We are thinking of having ours on the 3rd weekend of May. Anyone know if that interferes with anything else?

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

might interfere with folks getting ready for naches mem weekend, id say the 2nd weekend of june would rock, then we could make it for once, and give other 2 weeks to fix what they trashed in Naches /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mountainexplorer

I had it last year on the 2nd weekend of May. Worked out great... except I found out after it was too late to change plans that there was a mud bog in Bonners Ferry, Idaho, on the same weekend. And they got an article in Peterson's about it. So, I want to go to that one this year on May 8-9 (assuming they are having it the same as last year). The 3rd weekend in May (May 15 and 16) still allows two weeks before Memorial Day Weekend (on May 29-31). I'll be gone in June, leaving for Vegas around the 2nd weekend, then over to Blazerfest, then back home around the last of June. Theres just not enough weekend in a year. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

i just wish everyone wasnt in such a hurry to have these, seems they get crammed into a 1 month lot and none are spread out mid summer when its nice.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i just wish everyone wasnt in such a hurry to have these, seems they get crammed into a 1 month lot and none are spread out mid summer when its nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint, spring rain and melting snow help with the mud quality /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. mountainexplorer

I'd wait til summer, but one is the water availability like Kenny said, and two is I try to leave enough time for the grass to grow back and look natural in the field again by July when the family comes up.

Last year, we wanted to do another in August, but it was just way too dry, and I was worried about fire danger too with 300 people in a dry field.

How many other things are going on in the spring?

7. uglychevyZZ4

none for me until i either ring it or find a good treefiddy /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif oh and a picker /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Mountain I am in Electrical School with a guy who went last year and is friends with guy that runs it, I know he said he was going this year. I want to go if I can get the blazer going by then, maybe come to your event also. I will ask him this coming saterday when the actual date is.

9. mountainexplorer

Cool, let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif