Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone from Edmonton here?

Discussion in 'North Region' started by BlitzK5, Sep 26, 2005.

1. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Anyone here live in the Edmonton region, and hit up the Sherwood park 4x4 park that was mentioned in a couple of mag's? Also where are the best places to 4 wheel around Edmonton and are there any local clubs?

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Mike(Thumper) lives in Cold Lake, and I'm sure he knows about the park you're talking about.

3. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Man I hate that song. They play that over and over again on the radio station here in Fort McMurray

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i am not from out there BUT my uncle lives in fort McMurray, you know him? lol

name is John Thomas. must be boring up there eh? theres nothing to do!!! lol

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hehe!!!! I have a love/hate relationship with that song, brother. I put pipe in the ground, so I catch myself singing that tune at least once a day. My job pays really well, but it still involves a lot of grunt work, even though I've been a crew chief for over 5 years. And after 17 years with the company, the ol' body is starting to wear out........

I also hum "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath a few times a week, but that's a different story.

6. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Does he have a son named Sean Thomas

7. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Ya, Im from Cold Lake. I do know the park, and I know Lee real well. The only thing I will say about his park is that its getting really... (lack of a better word) commercialized. He started out as a off road park that would be great for all trucks... he had easy routes, medium routes, and extreme routes. Now, he has graduated more into the TTC realm... his extreme routes require 44" minimum tires, and probably non-full bodied rigs. The easy routes are still very easy, and the medium routes are pretty much turned into extreme. There is absolutely nothing for the medium sized trucks. The entire system is full of water, which results in many repairs after going there. We went with 2 Jeeps, one with a 454 and 44s, and the other with a 350 and 42s... they spent the entire day winching out of water deeper than thier hood. Then they went home and tore everything apart and replaced starters, alternators, computers etc etc.
    I dont mean to knock it... it is a good setup, but he is going for the money rather than the 4x4 side of things lately.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

no a son named matt, and two girls both in university, atualy he will be here on tuesday as he is talking one daughter to school in toronto.

9. BlitzK5

BlitzK5 1/2 ton status

Well then that sucks. I was planning to take my Blazer there as soon as I was finished but obviously I wont survive. What are the best areas around Edmonton to go off roading?

10. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, Im not saying dont go there. We had a bad experience. If your truck is setup well enough, you will survive it. Get in touch with the Edmonton 4wd club www.na4wda.org
    They will let you know more details.
    Other than that... come here to Cold Lake! We would be happy to host ya. Heres a link to our site. Not many new pics, but check in with the message board and say hi. www.northernlightsab.tripod.com
    Mike

11. twosnvrlose

twosnvrlose Registered Member

I am from Drayton valley about an hour west of you and there is lots of oil feild roads and old trails around here. Also there are some old abandonded home steds scattered around with some buildings still standing. I picked up a back roads road map for they area it's pretty detailed I know the area pretty well and I was surprised at all that was included in the book.If you enjoy fishing and finding new places to explore this book is great and you can get it pretty much any were for what ever area you want .