Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone from New Jersey area???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MontanaLifted, Feb 5, 2004.

1. MontanaLifted

MontanaLifted 1/2 ton status

There is a possibility that I could transfer out to Ft Dix/McGuire AFB and I'm wondering about the area around the bases. Does anyone know if it's nice or is it getto?

How about the wheeling? I used to ride dirt bikes down in southern NJ back when I lived in PA but that was all sandy soil. How is the northern part of Jersey with the mountains and dirt?

Do we have a K5 following out there???

ML

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm in Delaware at Dover AFB but have friends at McGuire. It's a little expensive to live in that area, kinda country. Good wheeling at paragon and rousch creek, about 2-3 hours away in Pa. Not sure about the wheeling in Nj though. Nothing in delaware I can tell ya that /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

im from jersey. i know there are at least a few others on this site ho aree too. unfortunately right now, my blazer spending is iver, i need to buy a house. the area you are going to to is not expensive, well, for around here, its cheap. everyone is buying houses there because its so cheap. i have a couple of buds who live right by the base, and just by driving through the neighborhoods, i know there is a big 4x4 following. if you need any other info, feel free to pm me or something. good luck man

tom

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i'm at the jersey shore.. had a guy that worked for us that lived across the street from the base. and yeah, it's aparently sticks out there. pretty boonie from what i know... lot of guys run down in Forked River at the shore.. sand and mud... i would assume theres some decent mountain/rock stuff up north, its that kinda terrain. south seems to be all sand and mud...

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Do we have a K5 following out there???

a small one but look at the local forms for NJ and PA for gettogeters and it is slow in the winters /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. xflatrater

xflatrater Registered Member

I here there is some awsome wheeling ON the base if the tanks dont get ya first! Some friends have quite a few stories about the base and some bad stucks from the tank ruts!