Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone from North carolina? Ive got to move out of this crap hole.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Loose Nut, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Right now im in western howard county in maryland but its getting to exspensive here for me to live. The average house is between 500k and 1mill (Even 2.9mill in my current zipcode.

Its to the point where people that have lived here our entire life are getting forced out because lame city assholes want to live in the country so they bring there money out here and make it bad for everyone else. We have 6 acres and a decent house, its paid for however its still hard to live at times due to the property tax's :\

So i have a few offers for FORT Bragg and wanted to know if anyone lives around there, whats it like and is there any wheeling. The perks that i can see right now is i can buy a good house for under 150k with property and a garage with woods surrounding me.

Im 27 years old, making just under 80k a year, and about to make more if i go to NC, however i can hardly afford a crappy town home. Pathedic if you ask me. Piss's me off to no end when you pass a fricking new house, and they have a new truck and new car in the driveway with mexicans mowing there grass. Here i am, busting my ass to make a living, and i cant own my own home.

F maryland, F the traffic, F the rich snobs and the 16 year old kids driving beamers.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You wouldn't regret coming to NC. We've got the best of everything, and with you living in Ft. Bragg, you'd almost be centralized to it all. Beach on the right, and mountains on the left.

The area around Ft. Bragg isn't bad depending on where you decide to settle, but traffic won't be any better.

Wheeling in NC is A++++++++. Uhwarrie, while not TERRIBLY extreme, but fun, is about 1.5 hours away from Ft. Bragg. Then you have the infamous Tellico all the way out on the western part of the state.

I seriously doubt that you would regret coming to North Carolina.

3. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Awesome, im in the process of building my Jimmy up, sadly if and when i move, ill be leaving my family, which means i wont have any mechanic help anymore :( So hopefully i score a big arse garage and learn how to do my own work.

Myrtle beach is awesome, and i heard good things about those other spots you mentioned. Cant wait to see if i go.

thanks for the reply :)

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The Sand Hills are hotter n 'ell in the summer though, and humid. But a lot of people like/love it!

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I live less than 20 miles from Tellico, and have been on a couple of the milder trails with dontoe. You won't regret moving to Murphy, but there's been a major influx of half-backs here lately.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You got football players moving there? :rolleyes:

Rene

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Just make sure and check to see if you do actually save anything. I know Colorado (at least Adams county) is cheaper on property taxes than San Antonio, TX...but gas, food and vehicle registrationis higher. CO has a state income tax as well....just make sure you research the hell out of it.

8. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Ive been trying to score a house at surf lake, but i might settle in the cameron area. I'm not a city dude, so im looking for the most country remote area i can find and still be within an hour to ft bragg.

9. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Come on down to N.C. My advise is to try Hoke county. Heard the taxes are cheaper than here in Cumberland. Good luck Also if you are close to Bragg let me know. I know of a place or two to play around at. Nothing major but kills a few hours and great for testing something newly installed.

10. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Awesome will do, would be nice to meet some new people in the area, someone to drunk dial at night as well :P

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Oh no....drunk dialing never ends good.:haha: :haha: ... But seriously...move to nc. Houses are much cheaper then you mentioned in maryland....so making 80k a year...you could be one with a nice house and new cars in the driveway. You also have an absolutely beautiful coastline on one end of the state, and one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world on the other. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    -Harrison

12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Did i menation that there is awesome fishing at both ends of the state?
    -Harrison

13. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

!!! Gah im so moving to NC now. I love me some fishing!

how many theators are playing Broke back mountain down there, i have to watch it at least once a week!!

JUST KIDDING!

14. Inu-Hanyou1776

Half-backs are a local term here in Murphy for all the Florida-folk that have been invading Cherokee and Clay Counties. It's referring to the opinion that they're people who originally must have been from up north, moved first to Florida, and then moved halfway back. It's pretty derogatory, along with the term Flor-idiot, though we use that term more to describe driving habits, as a lot of them don't know how to drive in the mountains so a lot of us locals get frustrated in not being able to blast down our winding back-roads as much as we used to.

15. Inu-Hanyou1776

Except in Hiwassee Lake in Cherokee County. Hiwassee Lake is often called the 'Dead Sea'.

16. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

You won't regret it. I lived near Annapolis all my life until 6/03, moved to Denver and hated it for all of the reasons I got tired of MD/DC/NoVa- too much congestion, too many rude people, tired of long driving commutes. We moved out to SW VA last year and love it. Everything we need here without all of the crime and congestion of a big city. I think you will like anywhere in NC. PM me if you need any help moving. I may be able to help you out since I am up your way often visiting family/friends.

17. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

welll FT bragg is alright lol been here for the past 3 years. And prolly be here for another 3 years or so lol.

I dont know to many people that wheel around here. It seems im the only one with my group of friends that likes it. Anyways We just bought a house in Fayetteville. City out side of FT bragg. And its nice 3 bedroom big back year with a 6 ft privicy fence. and 1 car garge. only spent 90k for it. Fayettiville is a booming city. for the most part its nice. but there is areas of the city that you dont want to go to.

let me know if you wanna know any thing else.

i know enough about this place. If im unable to tell ya what ya want to know ill find out from someone.

as for making 80k year in Fayettville thats GOOD money. hell i make 35k and my wife makes 30k and we are doing good. NEW HOUSE, NEW TRUCK for the wife >< lol And Crappy ass car and my 87k5 ^^

18. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

As for the drunken call in the middle of the night. I do not know about getting you out of a stuck hole but a designated sober ride home I can promise. Come on down. Since There are many people in this thread fro the bragg area anyone know who has the k5 on bragg at the dorms across from smoke bomb hill on gruber. Seen it there the other day and was just curious. Thanks

19. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

cool, ill be talking to 2 company's for the contract down there this week. I dont really need any help moving, i dont have much :) I can fit most of my belongings into the back of the jimmy. Im going to have to buy a trailer though. Which that's fine because ill need one for wheeling. I have 2 trucks, so ill just use the dodge to tow my chit down.

My only main concern is i dont want to move somewhere where there's alot of punk ass yo yo boy's and theres a high crime rate. other then that im cool with what ever.

oh, and i want cable internet to :P thats a must.

for those that work or live near ft bragg, are there homes on ft bragg? Cause that place is huge!

20. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

homes on ft bragg are for military familes only. I live in HOPEmills and its nice here its only 15mins from post.