Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone From OK City?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, May 8, 2003.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Both My Father and Father in law live just outside of OKC near Shawnee. We can't get a hold of them do to todays tornado. From what I can tell it headed that way. Does anyone know if it got out that far for sure or not. Thanks.

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Corey,
    It missed Shawnee, It got Moore, Del City, Midwest City and Choctaw. The phones are pretty messed up around here, I am about 20 miles north of OKC. Your Family should be alright, was pretty scary around here for a while. Hope that helps easy your nerves a little.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks Krennen. I just wanted to make sure before My Wife heard about it. I heard it hit a mall. Was it Crossroad's? From what I could tell it would have been in it's path. I could be wrong I still get the hyway system there mixed up.

4. Okiemuddog

oops /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Okiemuddog

Corey,
    It went jsut East of Crossroads Mall, It half of the GM plant on I-240 off, destroying their holding area and got the Southeast edge of Tinker Air Force Base. There is some pretty bad damage, over 1000 structures destroyed in just Moore. The last head count I heard was 122 injured, 5 critical and 1 fatality. This tornado took almost the exact same path as the May 3rd 1999 F5 tornado.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Wow I used to live right across the road from the SE edge of Tinker back in the 70's. From what I heard My Uncles house was destroyed in the 99 one in Moore.
    Thanks for the info I know where your talking about now it's been about a year and a half since I was there last.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Got a sister down in OKC, and some cousins..............

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What part?

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I tell ya what, I'm movin' the hell away from here!!!! Same path as th May 3 monster, which hit a 1/4 mile from my house. This one hit about two or three miles from my place, but I did get some 1" diameter hail, bunch of tree limbs down, and I've got pink housing insulation stuck all over my truck. Boy, this crap sure is fun /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

John

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What part?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beats me. Sis is some lost to the cause way out by Pluto Bible Thumper and I haven't seen the cousins in a long time.

Y'all know, the 16 years I spent living in the Panhandle, I saw two tornadoes and both of them were in the air and not really ready to do anything other than to go away.