Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone get Hail !!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Jan 29, 2005.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Anyone get hail !!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i did........ but wait i was at your house when u took those pics:grin:

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Wow, did it cause any damage or was it soft enough not to dent? I was in Maricopa paintballing, it rained slightly there, no hail though. :thumb:

4. pauly383

It was basically little m+m sized balls of snow . I have other pics at home I took after these that show my backyard in white . I made some snowballs to throw , got my wife , and when i wasn't looking Dave tagged me from behind his truck :D

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That's not hail, it's just frozen rain drops! ;) We had golf ball size hail here back in July. It came down HARD for about 45 minutes. Did $15K in damage to the trucks and another $11K to the house. It was hitting the ground so hard that it was bouncing 4 feet off the ground. :eek:

6. pauly383

We would of welcomed hail like you got . Its been so long since we had a steady winter rain pattern that everyones excited . Hell the Salt River is running across the 2 lane road I usually go to work on across the Reservation . That hasn't happened in a long time . It can only do good :)

I can't wait for the spring after this winters rains . A couple years back we had a semi OK winter with lots of runoff dumping nutrients into the resevoirs , and the largemouth action that spring was awesome . This spring I am gonna have to keep buying my wife roses , I have "just one more cast" disease :D