Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone gettin beat up by their urethane bushings/mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mike reeh, Jul 2, 2005.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

man im seriously considering changing out my urethane body/trans/motor/spring mounts & bushings for some stockers cuz I can feel every pebble I run over and every imbalance in my truck... makes me always thing something is "wrong" cuz my truck isnt that smooth but everything checks out....... anyone went urethane, then went BACK??

mike

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

probably not. Sounds to me like with the urathane you have a much better "feel" for the road. I'd rather have that than be in the dark. Buy a caddy if you want a super smooth pimpmobile ride.

j

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

This may sound odd, but check your suspension.

I noticed that my front springs hit my bumpstops a LOT in the front, which I know adds some solid bumps to the ride that wouldn't be there if that wasn't happening.

Only thing I can suggest, rubber body mounts shouldn't take up a whole lot more vibration than poly IMO, you have a lot of weight sitting on them and poly DOES give. Just sounds like you exposed another issue by replacing the mounts. I couldn't tell a difference to be honest with you. The truck rides rough period. :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Let some air out of the tires , and get newer van seats with lumbar support helps a bit .

Although you arenever going to get a perfectly smooth ride from one of these trucks without spending boatloads of money on trick link suspensions . You can get close with leaf springs , but they still do that little bounce thing on freeway expansion joints .

I just roll with it , trucks ride nice to me . It don't ride like my wifes car , but oh well :D