Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone go to Uhwarrie April 16-18???

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by dawson444, Apr 27, 2004.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I didn't go, I was wondering if anyone did go, and how it ended up? Any pictures?

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I almost went but ended up going to the Croitan and getting stuck a half dozen times, with a jeep /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (pics to follow soon)

3. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I ended up going. I towed my Toyota up there with my K5. Wasn't planing on wheeling the K5, but a 4 door Tahoe,@96 to 98 year, broke something in the front diff and then coming up Kodak, bypass, stripped out the rear diff. I was going to leave out, but he had kids with him and didn't want the kids to be out there at night. Long story short...I got my K5 and towed it from Kodak to the double parking lot. Pretty interesting. My camera guy didn't even snap a few for me. He's been fired!
    Didn't see any other K5's out there from the board, but ran into BigOrangeK5(ASH) and BJ, forgot his user name. I talked with them for awhile. Ash was up there with the Suzuki crowd. Good to meet others from this board.

4. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

This my Toy that I just finished building the last week of March. I took it up to URE the opening weekend for it's maiden trailride. Didn't even do any wheeling locally to really test it out. But, everything worked good. I decided to take up to URE for the Suzuki thing. A friend of mine has a Samurai and he wanted to go see all of rigs up there.

5. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If the truck would have been like it is now, I sure as hell would have been there. Anyone planning on going anytime soon. Weather sure is nice and want to do some camping as well.

6. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I didn't make it for the 16 thru 18th. I did go this past weekend and weather was nice but dusty as a mofo! Even the ATV'ers had dust masks on! It was like 6 inches of powder up there. Be back up there in a couple weeks probably since I am only about an hour away. If anyone is going sometime let me know and we can meet up.

Clay

7. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Probly the next time will be "On The Fly". Wet weather. IF it is raining, we are going. But will not be going until after July 4th.

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hell yeah I went. I put some MAJOR scars on the Zuk.

Here's the list:

Dented items:
    framerail
    gas tank skid plate
    pass. side rocker panel
    forward rear leaf spring hanger

DESTROYED items:
    transmission crossmember

other notables:
    cut another tire (IT DIDN'T GO FLAT THIS TIME, AND IT WASN'T AT ELDORADO OUTPOST)
    scratched the front bumper (that's a joke)

Sadly enough, all of this happened to the Zuk on one obstacle...Kodiak rock.

I overheard a guy say I couldn't get up the first ledge that's like 3' tall. I have video proof that I did get up it. It kinda made me feel bad that I could go ALMOST anywhere those other Zuks did sitting stock height on 29" tires.

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't make it for the 16 thru 18th. I did go this past weekend and weather was nice but dusty as a mofo! Even the ATV'ers had dust masks on! It was like 6 inches of powder up there. Be back up there in a couple weeks probably since I am only about an hour away. If anyone is going sometime let me know and we can meet up.

Clay

[/ QUOTE ]
    6" of dust you say. Yeah, that sounds about like Uwharrie. I have been up there when it rained pretty good the night before and there was still dust everywhere. I live about 45 minutes from uwharrie, and try to go there as much as I can. Next time I plan a trip I will let you know and we can go wheeling.
    -Harrison

10. Bushwhacker

Sounds great to me! just let me know when and I am there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Clay

11. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

So you were there last weekend Bushwacker? My club from Virginia Tech was down there wheelin. We stayed at Hunt Camp. I broke 2 body mounts on Thursday so I rode along the rest of the weekend. The biggest truck in our group was a black 79 Ramcharger on 38.5s and 1 ton... And oh yeah it was dusty alright I took the top off and now you can imagine how bad it is inside....

12. Bushwhacker

Yeah we rolled by hunt camp about 9:30 or so and rode till around 5 and headed out. We did see a bunch of folks at hunt camp, must have been you all. I saw a couple Ramchargers on the trail. What were you driving? I was in a large blue Chevy truck. That dust sucked...took me a few days to clean the whole rig in and out!! but the jeeps with me were worse off cause they had no tops!!

Clay

13. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I had the white GMC Jimmy sittin at Hunt Camp all weekend.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think we had 3 Ramchargers in our trailrides...Defenetely cant wait to go again and get my seasons pass worth of wheelin...