Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone going to Pismo on Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shewheeler, Aug 26, 2002.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Just a warning, if you haven't been for a while (like me) and have to go Cuesta Grade -- it's a nail biter... very narrow and lots of construction going on -- this was my first time driving down with no sway bar and it was definitely an adventure/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Also, Sand Highway is FUBAR'd big time... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Just thought I'd pass that along......

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Sand Highway is more FUBAR than usual? Wow, it must swallow minitrucks now... I remember a couple years ago we took a cooler full of bottled beer on sand highway and they got shook up so much that somehow all the bottles leaked half their contents, but stuill had the caps on. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Well, about 25% of the bottles were just broken, but the rest were all leaky... I hear that the little mound that they've been calling comp hill ever since the real comp hill blew away is also gone now.</font color>

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Yah, Sand Hwy is nothing but washboard... We went out to Comp Hill (or what's left of it) Saturday night and there were about 3 or 4 trucks and that's it... I hope we get some really good storms this winter...