Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone good with electrical stuff? (lights question)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Mar 21, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

ok,a while ago,I put the wrong fuse in my tape player and it fried the radio,so did my brake lights and turn signals.
    I've checked ALL fuses and replaced the big ole' round flasher fuse,the bulbs are still good.where should I start? what should I look for? it sucks driving at night with no brake lights /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifhelp I'm lost!!

2. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

do you have power at your brake light switch? also is there power going to your turn signal switch?

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    If it's just the brake lights only, I would check the output from the switch at the brake peddle then work back.
    Even if the bulbs look good...test them. Bad grounds and dirty bulb sockets will mess with you all day.

4. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I have no idea if theres power going to them.
    I do know that the running lights work,but no turn or brake lights.I did take out every bulb and clean it and spray out the sockets with a small amout of compressed air,siI know that they are getting a good connection. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif