Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone got any 1 ton springs or know where i can get some

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wild-will, Sep 11, 2003.

1. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

Iam gonna put on that homemade shackle flip and iam just wonderin if yall know anyone who is sellin some or where i can get me a pair

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Iam gonna put on that homemade shackle flip and iam just wonderin if yall know anyone who is sellin some or where i can get me a pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, doesn't "homemade" mean that you make them YOURSELF?.....you know, like.....at HOME? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, somebody JUST posted pics of this mod.

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Greg, I think he is looking to purchase a set of one ton springs, not a set of shackle flips!

Wild Will, the thing about 1 ton springs are that they are 56" long... You would either have to move your hanger back to accompany them, or change the eye springs out and reduce the spring length to your Blazer's 52" spring length! If you have a 3/4 ton truck, then they will fit just fine! ....... But here is a quick good question.... Why would you want 1 ton springs that are thicker and stiffer if you just did a shackle flip that increase articulation and flex???? seams like it's a redundant mod if you ask me.... I have a set of one ton springs that have been shortened to run on a blazer or a 1/2 ton truck.... I've been using them for about a year now and they're stiff as He!!.... they sit about 2" higher than the front but when you put a load on, they sit nice and even! They love to haul! Hope this helps!

PS. If you're looking for stuff, you might want to post this in the wanted section! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Nevermind.......I misread the post. (or didn't read the subject)

Looks more like a "Parts Wanted" deal to me now, though! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

Hey thankx yea its a 3/4 so that would just make the ride really stiff i dont want that.