Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone got any fish recipies

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by big83chevy4x4, Mar 11, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

want some good recipies for perch, wallaye, and bluegill or anything else, those are just my favorite.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'm not at home right now. I do have some recipe books at home. I will send ya a few recipes later tonight or tommorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Trout Bomb...

One fair sized trout...
    Bunch O Veggies...
    Lemon slices and garlic...

Wrap your cleaned trout up in foil mixed with the veggies and lemon slices and garlic. Throw it on the grill or in the fire for 15 minutes.

Dinner in a foil bag. Great for camping... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. pauly383

I have a book that has many recipes. Came from North American Fishing Club. I don't want to type them all, I'll give you my favorite. I have seen these books second hand and at yard sales too.

Anyway its Mustard Barbequed Walleye, but you could use any fish.

Sauce:3/4 cup honey 1/2 cup yellow mustard 1/4 cup white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (improvise if hafta) 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper

Walleye:6 to 8 fillets 2 sweet onions 3/4 pound whole mushrooms

Make sauce in saucepan over medium heat until thickened (5 mins) This can refrigerate for a month if you make a bunch by scaling ingredients up.

To grill wait until fire dies down , or low gas setting. brush on mixture you made on fillets onions and mushrooms 4 minutes a sid eor until flaky and tender.

My favorite,
    Paul /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Basic 4 beer fish fry....... My favorite
    First heat up the deep fryer
    Then

Get a bunch of fillets
    Pat them dry with paper towels
    Get 2 beers one for you and one for the dipping mix
    mix up an egg a little milk and beer in a bowl. Make sure you drink any left over beer
    Dip the DRY filets in the mix
    Then roll them around in a plate of Contadina bread crumbs(or other brand of italian bread crumbs)Till they are coated all over
    The secret to good crunchy crust is having dry fish so the batter sticks to it.

Use the same method above on some onion rings

By now you will be ready for another beer. So by all means have one.
    Now you are ready to deep fry

Deep fry the onion rings frist then do the fish. Take out when golden brown.

Grab another beer sit down with a heap of fillets and rings. Enjoy. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Take your favorite semi firm fish- take the fillets- cut into 1" approximate slices, or however you like.

coat them lightly in salt, flower, pepper, onion powder if you have it.

Get a wok (its 10x lighter than a cast iron pan, and provides 90% of the functionality).

Heat it up nice and good- It doesnt care if you use coals or fire. Add about 4 -8oz of canola/corn oil. (depending on amount of fish). Coat pan.

immediately add diced garlic and ginger, as well as fish slices, laying them out in the pan. Flip over after each side is done.

Remove pieces, and remove off heat. Add diced scallions and 1 tsb of corn starch, mixed with a little water to dissolve.(slowly). This will make your basic roo(sp) sauce. Stir until dissolved, and then pour entire mixture onto fish.

Serve and enjoy!

7. pauly383

Now I'm hungry /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Not to hijack,, but how about a salmon recipie with honey or brown suger glaze.. any suggestions?

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how about a salmon recipie with honey or brown suger glaze

[/ QUOTE ]

too easy, take some fresh salmon, brush on some honey or maybe a brown suger glaze and cook. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ill have to try some of these /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

my dad does a great one- he uses the salmon steaks, just dusts it on both sides (so it dont stick), fry it up, put it aside. (cook only until brown on theoutside).

Then he adds sugar, a litle honey, scallions, ginger, and a bit of soy sauce, and makes almost like a dark molassis syrup. then he returns the fish steaks into the pan with the sauce, and then just simmers it on low until its done.

Salt to taste of course. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Here's a recipe I use for BBQ trout

Clean your trout and inside the body cavity put 1 Tbsp. Butter, generous amount of chopped GREEN onion, sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste). Sprinkle outside with parsley flakes, salt, pepper. Wrap in foil and grill 7-10 minutes one side, flip and cook 5 more minutes.

This is a sweet recipe to take camping when you know you're going to be catching some trout.

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i family pouch of starkist tuna. the big one.
    1/3 cup MIRICAL WHIP LITE
    1/4 cup green sweet rellish
    2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
    1.5 tbl spoon of paprika or Old bay
    spread on a piece of potato bread, layer lettuice to taste then add second piece of bread.

i eat a couple a week. have tuna 4 days a week minimum.
    Grant