Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone got the steering box brace instruction sheet?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Feb 11, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Got a bolt on steering box brace in a trade but no instructions. Anyone got these that you could scan for me?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Looked but no luck.............what do you need to know? It is a pretty basic install, remove the two rearmost bolts from the steering box behind the crossmember (in engine compartment), enlarge hole in crossmember that is currently probably (depending on what year your rig is) housing a hose/tubing clamp, and bolt it in. Front/small brace goes in front of the crossmember and this time you remove the front steering box bolt. Any more questions, ask.............and check my site, I have a page dedicated to the ORD brace install with pics. Here is the direct link.............shows what you need -

<font color=blue> ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>[/b]

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks!!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/photo/21506151/22774516EfsIwBROfU>ORD brace instructions</a> heres the one I scanned into my webshots. gonna have to zoom in to read it though

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

thanks, but it looks pretty straight foward. Between these 2 writeups and the pics, should be able to handle it. [​IMG]. All I had though was a couple brackets and 4 bolts, didn't know where it went. Thanks.

Sherman, Tx

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Those things have instructions???? OOPS!

I didn't look at the instructions, just the pic of one installed and then went with it. Had a heck-uva time getting around the oil cooler lines, but I still made it work. The second one I did was a LOT easier [​IMG]

Kyle
    89K5