Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone had a problem shipping something....damages, etc?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jackedjimmy350, Nov 7, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i just had one today. a guy got some jeep doors i sent him, properly packaged (i assume since the lady at fedex helped me), and they were dented, chipped, and the interior panel was broken. any advice on insurance claims? i had the insured for plenty. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

The recipant must call Fed-Ex and file a claim for damage....then they will need to inspect the product and packaging. Fed-Ex will determine if it is a valid claim or not. You will want to also make sure that you get a refund for the shipping. The key is if they deny the claim to ask for their supervisor...etc. It is a pain, but most of the time they are reasonable. Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

cool thanks for the info! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[​IMG]

If the pic doesn't work, there'a page of pics here. For some odd reason noone would cover it, not manufacturer nor shipper... Needless to say, it's a little difficult to play... I only kept it hoping Pam Tillis would make a comeback and I could sell it for her autograph value...