Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone had to lower their exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Jan 25, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

hey, i go to drop my t-case and my front driveshaft hits my exhaust. has anyone had this problem? is it an easy fix? peace

baja surf nazi

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Did you lower the t-case because of a lift? If so superlift sells a spacer for the front driveshaft that bolts between that flange on the driveshaft and the t-case. It is like 55 bucks. In my case i just got my buddy that does exhaust to heat up the cross pipe and bend it a little out of the way. When i put headers on my truck I am re-running that cross pipe out of the way so it wont hit.

Any more questions let me know. I have been through it and i think i have the part number for the spacer.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

3. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

yes i just got a 6 inch lift put on. so that's all i have to do is get some one to bend it sightly. thanks. i don't want to drop the t-case but have to becasue of the wicked vibrations on my drive shaft.

baja surf nazi

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I have the superlift all spring 6" on mine and that is what i did. I had him get a big prybar and heat it up right where the driveshaft hit. He got it pretty hot then pried down a bit. There wasnt much that i needed but it took care of it totally. He does a lot of lifts and told me that the spacer from superlift is the way to go and takes care of it but i just havent gotten around to ordering it. You might want to just get some exhaust run and put headers on it. What better reason do you need to spend some money on exhaust? Also have you used the transfer case crossmember spacers on your truck? I lowered mine anyway to take care of some of the angle on the rear. It is always a good idea too.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

5. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I know coopertwpk had to for his 4". And it looks like I will also. We'll see!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my 4" and lowered t-case. I took it to a local exhaust place, they cut it off, bent a new peice that extended further, and welded it in. Cost me $50 and took 45 minutes.

Brian
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://84k5.coloradok5.com>http://84k5.coloradok5.com</A>

7. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Yep had to lower it just had speedway muffler do it 50$ and it looks good so all is well but Im having them do a whole new set up soon with aluminized tube and flowmaster 60 also flowmaster now sells a new crossover Y that flows 100% better than stock its 1.5" in and 3" out instead of the 1.25" in ITs 350$complete with a new high flow cat

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s