Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone have a 1"-18 LH Tap laying around

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by k2-k5, Apr 9, 2004.

1. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

anyone have a 1\"-18 LH Tap laying around

Need a tap for my new beefy tie rods /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Re: anyone have a 1\"-18 LH Tap laying around

Your probably going to have to hunt around for one. I was looking for the 7/8-18 LH tap and it took awhile to locate it. Kennyw hooked me up with a cool guy that had a set of the 7/8 taps. 1" is going to be even harder to find since they are a specialty automotive tool only. When I checked into getting a tap made, it was going to more than $200 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif PM kenny, he might have a hook up /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Might not cost too much to bring it to a machine shop and have them tap it, then again it might. Know anyone with a lathe, who knows how to use it? What is the size of the tube that you need to tap? Are you building your own tie rod? I wonder if it would be feasible to thread up a bunch of "sleeves" left handed, that could be welded in later. Just thinking out loud....

4. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

We have a RH tap where I work but nw LH tap. Woodys 4x4 in Vancouver has one they said they would tap them for $30. If I can't borrow one then I guess that is my best option. They have the tapered remears I need for my steering arms too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif To bad there so pro-J**p

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

PM me. If you're doing what I think you're doing..I have some ideas that may save you some $$ /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif