Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone have a fiberglass hood from up22?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Oct 2, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

thinking they might be the peeps to go to when I am ready to get a fiberglass hood for the swapped on s-10. Anyone ever ran any of their products? If so, whaddya think of it? I'm thinkin of goin with their 2.5" cowl induction hood that uses factory hinges in the rear and pins up front... $200 according to their www site. Fit/finish wont be a huge concern.. mainly because the top of the hood will be Line-X'd and the front end will have more tube than anything else. any opinions? doesnt seem like to many peeps here run fiberglass parts... but I figured I'd give it a try...

j

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Up22 stuff is cheap for a reason..................... It is garbage. I have seen many hoods and fenders from UP22 and every single person I have talked to was very disappointed with their products. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Fit and finish is horrible. Be prepared to shim and trim anything you buy from them. In my opinion, save your money and buy quality parts from a decent supplier. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

poopy. Like I was saying before tho finish is pretty my irrelevant. Fit matters only in that it will actually attach to the factory hinges. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I mean, my front fenders are prolly just going to attach to some tube/cage parts so its not like it has to "fit" in the factory replacement sense. Any1 had one of these hoods structurally fail or anything? I'm concerned about the area where it attaches to the factory hinges... prone to breaking?

also, to any1 thats bought one, was it shipped out relatively quickly? any problems in dealing with these guys?

j

4. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

whats up22?

5. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I have there inner fenderwells and have been pleased with them. I had to make all the mounting holes myself but that was fine cause I was buliding the truck to be easier to tear down when rebuild time came for the motor so I was able to put holes only where I wanted them. As far as fit went they were better than the stock ones since they had more to them you trim to suit your needs. They are replacement parts so shimming and stuff is gonna need to be done its that simple.

6. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    whats up22?

[/ QUOTE ]

up22

heres the hood I want...

[​IMG]

j

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Chevy S-10/sonoma hood 2 pin stock style Year: 1994 - 2002 PRICE: $200

[/ QUOTE ]

web page

8. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Im not trying to steal the post but does anyone know where I can get a quality hood for a good price for a 84 K10?

9. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

You can get em lots of places chevy duty's is $149 i think or you can get one from lmc