Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have a male boxer?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, Jan 7, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Our female has gone into heat again and we would like to breed her. The only other male boxer around is her brother.
    And for obvious reasons I will not let them breed.
    She is a brindle if that matters.

2. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

i have one but he can't help ya /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif the vet talked me into fixing him when he was a pup said they get testy cancer more than other breeds.sorry i could'nt help good luck.you might try the american boxer club /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hmm I haven't heard that about the males. I need to get him to the vet and see about it.
    Thanx for the heads up. They are about 3 years old now.

4. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

hey Ron I was wondering if you fell of the face of the earth. good luck on your search. I used to have a male boxer. they are awsome dogs.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Our female has gone into heat again and we would like to breed her. The only other male boxer around is her brother.
    And for obvious reasons I will not let them breed.
    She is a brindle if that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron, isn't this like /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifing? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ron, isn't this like /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifing? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he is charging for it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

8. mudslinger97116

there will be alot of breeders in town this weekend but they will want alot to breed i would think i thought there was another k5er in beaverton that had a boxer but it may have been a female. the breeder i got my dog from said he had champ. lines. he does but his father is his mothers grand dad /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i did'nt know until i got his papers damn inbreeders.if you find a male i might be interested in a pup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the breeder i got my dog from said he had champ. lines. he does but his father is his mothers grand dad i did'nt know until i got his papers damn inbreeders.if you find a male i might be interested in a pup

[/ QUOTE ]

[getting on soap box]

How much do actually KNOW about breeding? Grand-dad to grand-daughter is actually one of the safest/best breeding you can do, that is how you KEEP the champ blood lines without introducing negative traits (defects) from an outside line that you don't know the history on. For the record, you CAN breed father to daughter and grand-father to grand-daughter, but NEVER mother to son, grand-mother to grand-son, or brother to sister. That is all kinds of bad!

Yes, my wife and I breed. She works for a vet and knows her shiznit. Many local breeders (and some not so local) seek her out for advice. Also, many people who want a little yipper like hers come to her to help find a good pup. She owns 2 yorkshire terriers. The male is the great grand-son of Cede Higgins (the ONLY Yorkshire Terrier to EVER win best of show at Westminster). He looks exactly like his great grand-dad. His mom was his grand-dad's grand-daughter (also a show winner). The female is the daughter of our male. No we will not breed them together, mainly because of size, but not just because of their relationship. If we wanted to absolutely guarantee the bloodlines and have "pure" pups, we would breed them together to produce the absolute best dogs with no introduction of new defects into the bloodlines. Our pups go for anywhere from $700 (pet quality) to $2500 (show quality). We also guarantee the pups free of defects or they get their choice or returning the dog and getting their money back,or keeping the dog but only getting 1/2 their money back. If you know what you are doing you can make guarantees like that without worries. Breeders who WON'T do that are the ones you run like hell from! For the record, we have NEVER had a buyer complain, try to return a dog (we give them 3 years to do so), or ask for money back due to any kind of defect.

We put a lot of time, energy, and research into making sure our pups are the highest quality possible. We run background checks on the people who bring their females to us for breeding (if the person is screwed up, then the chances of the dog being mentally screwed up or having a defect due to poor care are huge), we run checks on the dogs they own, and DEMAND to see all registration and medical records. At times, we'll even talk to the vet that treats the dog if it looks like they are holding something back. If they hold anything back from us, we kick 'em to the curb! We have done that quite a few times to protect our integrity. My wife knows all the medical terminology so it's hard to get anything past her. The look on some peoples faces is priceless when we tell them "you lied to us and/or witheld information from us...no deal..hit the road".

[getting off soapbox\]

Ron - I do know of a reputable breeder and I can put you in touch, but she demands that your dog is a registered pure bred and does a lot of checking before she'll leave her male with you to breed. Also, her price is either $1k or pick of the litter. The good thing is once she has signed a contract with you, she'll make sure the job gets done! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif She's pricey, but her dogs are awesome! Let me know.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Testicular cancer is common among most breeds of dog. You can't really get away from it. The good thing is that it usually doesn't get to be a problem until they get older. The upside is that they can have pups before they get their nuts cut. The downside is...at some point, they still have to get their nuts cut! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. mudslinger97116

thanks for the lesson in breeding. my dogs champ lines are 3generations back,and he is defently not show quality. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifbut a good dog just the same

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Sorry dood. I didn't mean to come off like a total @sshat! Kinda hard to hide what I am though /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I re-read my post and then it hit me...man I came off like a total d*ck! Sorry... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As long as you are happy with yer pup then that is all that matters! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Shane that is what I have been getin for answers.
    The price is to high to pimp her out and she is not registered.
    We are not lookin at breedin her for a source of income.
    We just want some cool pups.

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I still may be able to hook you up. I'll talk to my wife and see if she knows anyone who can help you.