Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone have a manual hub diagram?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 75K5, Aug 24, 2002.

1. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

This is my first attempt for rotor replacment on my blazer. I got it apart, but I wasn't paying attention when I took everything out. now I can't figure out which direction the bearing is supposed to face, and I have an extra sleeve or spring cup that I can't find a good place for. There was so much grease when I took it off that everything just kinda fell out in a goopy mess.

any ideas?

Thanks,
    Brian

p.s. 75K5 4x4 warn hubs

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I don't have a diagram but hopefully this will help you figure it out.

I assume you have the inner bearing(bearing on back side of hub) figured out. The outer bearing needs that "extra" sleeve you're talking about. The sleeve should fit around the smaller side of the bearing and will be pushed into the hub so that the smaller part of the bearing is pointing in.

After you get the bearings in place you need to screw the first spindle nut on. The first one has a small pin on the side of it. That pin should be facing out. Tighten the nut making sure the rotor/hub is seated right and still spins freely. The manual says to torque it to 50 ft/lbs then back it off 90 degrees then retorque it to 35 ft/lbs while rotating the rotor and back it off 3/8 turn.

Next slip the washer on and make sure the small pin on the first nut fits into one of the holes. If not the remove the washer and tighten the nut a little to make the pin line up right.

Then screw on the other spindle nut. Torque it down to 160-205 ft/lbs.

Since you have warn hubs you then just slide the hub in and put both snap rings back in place and put the cover on.

hope that helps a little.

3. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

I've got a cut away line diagram I can send you if you still want it.

4. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

It would be great if you can send or post that cutaway image!!!!

Thanks

Chris

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

http://community.webshots.com/album/26662279MNKYdSeigu

warn lockout hubs exploded and step by step reassembled
    be cautious of order of pics webshots has moved a few and I havent corrected

I also have a d60 from knuckle out near step by step reassembled in there somewhere