Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have a newer Mitsubishi Galant?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by loudnowlouder, May 11, 2003.

1. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

I'm considering a buying a new v6 Galant, anyone here have one or have any exeriences with one?

I'm mostly interested in the 1% financing deal they give out to new college grads even without any prior credit.

The lack of credit thing is whats killing me now, no credit, immediately i'm stuck with 8-9% interest.

any info would be greatly appreciated!!

2. awagliar

awagliar Registered Member

I've got one .. as a rental, 'cause some lady passed out and hit my parked /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

It's okay, I guess. I'm really not much of a new car person, or a sedan person, or a Mitsubishi person. But it gets the job done with no flair, fanfare, or excitement whatsoever. There's not much room for full-sized folks in the rear seat, and the suspension is too soft ('course it doesn't help that the front tires are @ 45psi and the rears @ 20; I brought that to the attention of the rental agency, and they told me to leave it as is!). /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway, it's a decent car, and you can probably get a better deal on it than an Accord or Camry, for example.

Best of luck ..

3. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus coupe, which is the same car as a Galant underneath and powerplant-wise. I love it. If you want more info about Galants, goto:

http://www.thegalantcenter.com

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

nice, thanks guys, appreciate the info.
    the deal is looking harder and harder to pass up. heck at this point anything would be better than 2 broken down project vehicles.

5. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

My friend has a Galant with a 4banger. It has some quality control problems (e.g. plastic pieces fall off the inside frequently) but gets good gas mileage and will go about 130. I think they're too bland.