Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have a straight Cab?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ntaj*ep, Feb 10, 2004.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I need to buy a straight more so rust free regular cab for a '73-87. Anyone know where I could find one? Or about how much it would be? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i have one...but sorta promised it to a friend already...but i can check with him and see if it wants to let it go...and theres no title...but its not stolen...just lost...

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

PM'd you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wait until I take mine off to put the s-10 cab on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif fenders come pre-trimmed. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Lookin' for a pick up cab.......
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Is it rusted? I want something I can put on and go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Well paint then go....

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have a '79 cab, completely rust free, nearly ready for paint, all good glass, complete with doors and tilt steering column. Then I have an '84 GMC 2wd cab shell (all stripped), but no rust, just 1 minor dent from moving it around. I have a WA. title for the '84 and an ID title for the '79.

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

OK, titles would not be a problem as I will have that.
    What happened is a co-worker has this '76 Long bed 4wd that had a tree fall on it right down the center of the cab. I will be going to look at it this next few days and see if it would be worth anything. Also so I can see what I would need to fix it. I just rebuilt the rear diff. and did the top end of the motor for him so he is being a little difficult as far as the price.
    Mount' how much do you want for the cabs you have?

9. mountainexplorer

Which one sounds most like what you'd need? The '79 one is complete and I could sell it all complete or just the cab itself. Do you need doors and steering column and interior and all that stuff? The '84 is all stripped and bare and ready to go. The '79 is still a complete truck right now that I was considering parting out. What would be a decent/fair price in your opinion for the one you think would be best for what you need?

(I'll let the '84 cab and title go for cheaper or for some sort of trade... only thing is it was a 2wd so you'd need to cut out the center hump and bolt in a raised 4x4 center section).

10. mountainexplorer

I also have a '76 rust free cab, just the sections behind the doors are kinda crunched, but the floor, roof and everything else is in good shape. I suppose it's repairable... and it's free. Plus Im sure I have some other rusty cabs that have the sections that this one needs that are in good shape.

11. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ok the one i have is spoken for...i talked to him today

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to bolt on and go. If you have pictures that would be helpful. I'm thinking the '79 would be a winner. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. mountainexplorer

This is the truck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically it boils down to this. I'm into the truck $1,000 minus the motor/tranny and T-case and plow. I got it cause someone I knew needed money quickly, and the body on the whole truck is very straight.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I need to get out of individual parts so I can hopefully get my money back out of it without losing too much. It was a 2wd Dually someone put 4x4 spring hangars on and converted it to a 4x4 with a Dana 44 front. I figure since it's a conversion, I can't put it back together and re-sell it as a factory 1-ton 4x4 Dually, so I decided to just part it out.

So, I'm at a loss on prices right now. Do you want the doors too and the tilt column and interior or just the cab and glass?

And lastly, it might take me some time before I get a chance to get the truck torn apart. If for some reason I need to get more out of this cab than you want to be into it, or if I'm too slow to get it ready and pulled, I have another friend with a rust free '76 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 thats being parted out. So, theres another alternative.

So... just let me know what you think a fair price would be and how complete you need it. I'll try to tally up what I can sell the rear end, bed, front clip and frame for.

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey aaron is the truck you are getting 2wd or 4? long bed or short?

15. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

OK, I just got back from looking at it(along with the entire countryside) I will need the cab and doors. I think I can reuse the interior parts out of the wrecked cab.

16. mountainexplorer

What color is the interior? This one was tan.

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Its like brown/tan

18. mountainexplorer

I'll try and get a pic of the inside when I get it home. It's still parked at his work lot. I have too many rigs at my house right now.

19. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Let me know about which ever. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif