Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have a York mounted on the Pass side?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Jun 4, 2004.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

looking for pics of York OBA setups mounted on the passenger side. My alternator is on the drivers of my 71. Time to start looking at making brackets.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have pondered how to mount a york pump in place of the rotary pump also. The Yorks last much longer. I have had A/C pump problems with the pancake rotary pump... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

nobody?

4. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

I know you asked about mounting on the passenger /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but since your not getting too many ideas, how about putting it on the drivers side? It should be easy to find brackets to move the alt. to the right side and you could use the york brackets from a chevy van to put the york on the left. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    bob

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen any yet. You have a short water pump (just like I do) so mounts from all the 2nd gen guys (with long water pumps) won't do you alot of good.

I will have mine done sometime this summer on the passenger side where the factory (log style) AC compressor was.