Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have an ez-locker???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Apr 9, 2001.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I've ot a 78 Blazer with 3.73's and 35's.. do play hard in the mud.. but maybe only once a month... I need to lock the baby up... but the woman said I have to keep it simple and cheap...
    anyone use the ez-locker??? It's a 12 bolt rear...
    Ideas for the front??? Dana44???

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK I did some searchin and found not too many people here like the ez-locker... OK...
    It's a lock-rite than... How much and where can I pick one up at...

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Just my $.02, but I'm thinking of the Powertrax unit... it is also a soft locker, but is suppost too be nicer on the street and I havne't heard of any durability issues with it. Same cheap/easy instalation too.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    I have a Lock-Right in my rear 12 bolt, its be about three years now, not many miles, but I do some rock
    crawl'in, and some mud. I have treaded lightly on the go peadal, so far so good. If you put a Lock-Right in
    a 12 bolt FYI, make sure the case is in good condition(meaning if you use a junkyard part, spend the 30-50
    dollars and try to buy a new one), also there is a measurenent of the couplers that needs to fall within a certain
    range, make sure to follow this range.
    Good luck

5. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    I my self do not have the ez locker or lock right, but one friend has the EZ and another has the lock right. the one w/ the EZ had Front and Rear (dana44 and corp 12 on 33's)less than a week after install it gave out, we took it out and where the springs go there was a big hole on all 4 (if you look at htem you'll know) he's now a detroit in the rear, EZ up front. about a week ago we go wheelin he busts the EZ in the front and an axle shaft. me and a friend try to pull him out, my friend breaks the lock rite in the front (ford dana 44 ttb on 35s) so i have to pull them both out. this is all in a sand clay mix but moslty sand both times, iv i were you id save the money and go w/ the detroit or a hard posi unit. i have the detroit in the rear (which im selling and an auburn tight posi in the front w/ no problems)
    see the web site--grey bronco-lock rite front, detroit rear
    orange and white jimmy, EZ locker front, detrior rear
    brown stepside--auburn front, detroit rear
    hope this helps

Not all Rednecks drive ugly trucks---umm, nevermind <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jimjim.coloradok5.com>http://jimjim.coloradok5.com</A>

6. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

hey its not an eazy locker but here is something you might be looking for.
    " I have a 10 bolt LockRight for sale. It came out of the front of my Wife's 1986 K20 Suburban, which doesn't see much 4wd action. I'm selling the truck so I removed everything sellable. I still have the box it came in and instructions. I want $200 for it. Email me if interested: charles.h.babcock@intel.com
    CB"

Sergio