Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have an internal diagram of a 700r4 transmission?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sample, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a parts diagram of one. If you got anything please post.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have a ATSG manual for 82-86. what part are you looking for. i looked through it and there is no exploded view of everything, just smaller parts. if you can get a specific part i can scan it and post it up for you. i would post the entire thing up but it is 96 pages. let me know what you need.

3. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your help. I have two things I need. The first is, I found a check ball laying in the bottom of the tranny pan, so I need to know where that goes. I am having a problem where all of a sudden my transmission thinks every gear selection is nuetral. I have been told that it is probably a fluid pump in the tranny. I was just curious to see where the pump was.

Chris

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The pump is mounted in the very front of the tranny. It's driven by tangs on the back of the torque converter. Finding parts in the pan is NOT a good sign. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

here they are http://community.webshots.com/album/65111847JHjuBq
    the first one is the valve body, the second one is the case. make sure you get new gaskets. i think they are 7 or 8 buck from GM. you can use vasoline to hold the check balls in place. let me know if you need anything else.