Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have an iPod?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 25, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I got one for christmas, and yes I did in fact want it. I like the number of accessory options out there. Anyway, I have the 5th gen 80GB video model. Anyone know of any good programs to run with this? I HATE iTunes. It just deleted all 2500 songs I had on the damn thing when I tried to upload a video to the iPod(which failed anyway). I want to find a different program to run wit it. So far I found one, but it doesn't seem to have video or photo support. or does anyone know a way to LOCK the iPod in manual mode? You know so iTunes can't just wipe the ****ing thing clean when it wants!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I have the same one and FINALLY got the computer to reconize it...

As long as its in manual mode it shouldnt be able to be wiped clean... Also i didnt knwo you could run other programs besides itunes... huh

As far as making sure it cant be wiped clean, i just have a backup folder (seperate from itunes) with all of my music in it

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

all my music was already on my PC, not worried about that. Its just a pain in the dick to load 2500 songs. I think I figured out how it happened. I just need to pay more attention to the messages iTunes throws up. Still trying to figure out how to put photos and videos on it without syncing up(which is when it wants to wipe the thing clean every time).

5. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

I don't sync my Ipod and I havn't had any troubles with it. Itunes blows ass but its all I have seen to use with it. However, if you want to share from Ipod to Ipod don't use Itunes nor the new edition of windows media player. If you don't have the licensing then you will be locked from the music. I use winamp or nero to rip my music. To go from Ipod to Ipod just use open the Ipod through mycomputer copy and paste. I just scored another 4 gig's of music today from my buddy. :D I have my Ipod wired through my Blazer.... Best thing I have ever done it never skips! Have fun, I love my Ipod!

~Brian

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Brians89k5, can you give me more info about this? I just gave my daughter one for x-mas and if she can share with her friends that would be great....

7. Brians89K5

open your mycomputer shortcut, then open the ipod and open the ipod's music file then cut and paste. I don't know if the music files change from Ipod to Ipod but Ill get mine out of the truck and check it out in a little bit and tell you what my music file is called.

~Brian

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Yes, they will interchange.

Thats how I backed all of my files up. Thats also how you can interchange music (so long as all involved paries are using itunes, or you are saving the files so you can convert them later...)
    Also DONT use auto sync, only manual... Much easier and alot less frustrating...

10. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

wifes got one, im the pc savvy one and i gave up on that itunes crap, bearshare or limewire...

11. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I still use limewire, i just control the ipod with itunes...

12. Brians89K5

Same here

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I use Limewire to get my music, thing is just uploading and maanging the music on my iPod.

good point with dragging music off the ipod. Just wish I could do the same with videos and photos for puting the stuff on there. The music files are there in .mp3 format, but the pictures presently on it are hidden in some crap formats and compiled together from what I can see.

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

15. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

My friend has one of those stupid ipod touch screen thingys for his car. Talk about distracting a driver even more.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats cool Jeremy, but I think I Am just going to take my old computer sound system to work and hook it up to the iPod. see how that works out for me. Only issue would be, no remote control, and if the battery doesn't last. BUt I'd imagine it would last a 10 hour shift at work.

17. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah you can lock it in manual mode. I changed mine over the day I installed iTunes. You do it through the option tab at the top of iTunes. Once you get it into manual it's alot easier to use. I'll repost on here later and tell you how to do it when I update my iPod later tonight...

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I let the thing play in my toolbox all day long and listened to my CD player. Battery is at half power right now. And it was a long day. So looks like it is going to work out for me the way I had hoped.

19. ccatlett1984

ccatlett1984 1/2 ton status

FYI

there is a application called "xplay" it allows you to manage your music on your ipod from windows media player. its pretty cheap and works great. plus you can even use it with more than one ipod and it won't mess them up. also allows you to copy music back off of the ipod to the computer (something that itunes wont do!) I can prolly dig up a link if you need it.

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: Yeah I got one of those things called a "Radio" works awsome and it even does this whole random play thing by itself...And I happen to think most commercials are funny..:p: