Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone have any bidding tips on govliquidation.com?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by spongeidys, Sep 9, 2005.

1. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

im deadset on buying my frist k5 from there and i found one that looks in nice shape and runs about an hour an half away from me but the bidding system on there looks to be so diffrent from ebay so i was wondering if anyone has any tips for me?

2. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I've been watching govliquidation for some time. They all start off at $35. The blazers usually seem to go for around $2500 - 4000. When the bidding starts, just check back often.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

The time on the auctions never ends unless the bids end. If you try to bid snipe at the last minute it adds an additional 15 minutes I believe. Better figure out your top dollar and quit there.

4. spongeidys

2500-4000 errr if it esclades to that could be a little out of my price range...im suprized they get that high i watched a few duces go for under 3k yesterday, infromation greatly appreciated tho ;D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Once the bidding on the CUCV's gets rolling, the numbers get big, FAST. 'Bout a year ago, I bid on a M1008 (or -1009, whichever the K30 is - I can never remember...) that had NO powertrain; basically a body on a frame, sitting on a D60 and 14FF. I topped out at $1k; IIRC the truck ended up going for around $1800!

6. spongeidys

hmm not good i suppose since this k5 runs according to the title of the auction aparently has 36k miles on the 6.2 diesel and the only visable rust spots ive noticed are 2 small patches on the front hood and not much that i can see along the lines of dents and such