Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have any dealings with Washington Mutual or Citibank?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jun 1, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

WAMU just took over the bank I have all my main stuff in, and for some reason I have yet to determine, my balance has dropped by over $500 for the first time in a year, which might mean I ain't gettin to work on monday... This makes me very uncomfortable, and I haven't read anything good about them except in their own literature.

Anyone have an opinion on Citibank? They just gave me a "customer service" call (which I don't understand cause they couldn't answer anything I asked them without transferring me to someone else, and they called me)about one of my other accounts, and ended up causing me a near heart attack saying my balance was like $45 (not that it's much higher, but I never touch it so it should grow, not shrink). As I started having visions of the scraggly homeless guy I walk past and buy a donut for everyday on the street, I looked up my account online, and figured out they were working on someone else's account with the same last name in the same town... Not very making me feel very secure with them as the keepers of my money...

Anyone else have similar bank goofs?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Who took over who...I have 2 banking accounts One with Citibank and one with WAMU.. What are they the same bank know???

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No, Wamu just took over my bank, Dime. I have some dust/interest-collecting accounts with Citi, but they called me today, which reminded me to look into the Wamu thing.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I've been with WAMU for about 7 years now and not a problem yet!

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Ok, Like I said I have accounts with both of them.. I have had no problems with either one of them..Don't even get me stated on Bank of America.. I wouldn't deal with them if my life depended on them...Dan