Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone have bad back problems? i have a few questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Jan 22, 2004.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

for the last few weeks i have been having this pain in the very middle of my back. on the left side only. it is right next to my back boone. some times when i move it will start tingling other times it feels like a bruise. if i touch it it feels numb to the touch. sometimes just breathing makes it tingle. anyone have any ideas?

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

sounds like you've got a pinched nerve there. Go to the chiropractor, if you can't afford that, then you might try having someone push down on your back right there while you are laying on the floor. be sure to exhale right before they push down.

Another thing I do, is sit in a chair where my thighs are parallel to the floor. Then I'll twist each way. I've had minor back problems since I was in 8th grade. I got injured playing football. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

My back never seems to stop hurting... I imagine its from sleeping in a old saggy cot every night

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    sounds like you've got a pinched nerve there. Go to the chiropractor, if you can't afford that, then you might try having someone push down on your back right there while you are laying on the floor. be sure to exhale right before they push down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man does it feel good to go to the chiropractor. They'd make me feel so much better. I'm still trying to get out from under the bills, but it's worth it!!

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Easy way to pop your back....

you need a friend big enough to pick you up slightly...

cross your arms such that you are holding your shoulders...have person behind you grasp each elbow such that it will be pulled opposite the shoulder it's attached to...let that person handle ALL the weight/lifting...while pulling elbows SLIGHTLY lift whole body a couple inches...might need to "shake" you JUst a little bit (not like yer foldin' a dang towel)....back trouble sucks... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Don't know what your problem is but I feel your pain! I hurt my lower back lifting weights two years ago and now I must have a hardass mattress and I can only sleep on my back not on my side, stomach etc. Hell, sometimes I have to sleep on the damn floor... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Could be a rib out of place a little bit.

John

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I am the king of back problems and have never heard of anything like what you are experiencing. I suggest you get to a doctor and find out what's going on back there. If you go to a Chiropractor, make sure he/she takes Xrays first. It sure doesn't sound like a pinched nerve though. You may have been bitten by something.

9. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have three bad disk in my lower back.been dealing with them for 5 years now. Go to an Doctor and have it looked at right away, A little problem could be the beginning of a major problem......Good luck

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ever wonder why a Chiropractor is not Recconized by the Medical Field as a real Doctor???

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG!!! My chiropractor has a full 6 years of med school and is licensed as an MD. Most doctors don't "recognize" chiropractors as doctors because chiropractors prefer whole body treatment as opposed to drugs and surgery. My chiro told me on one particular injury that I needed surgery to fix one of my problems and that I should go see an orthopedic surgeon and get his opinion. So it's not like they don't know when chiropractic will work and when it won't. They go through a heck of a lot of schooling before they start practice. 6 years of med school and then at least another 4 years of chiropractic. Chiropractic works great with the right injuries. But if you have a degenerative problem in your spinal collumn surgery will be the final outcome when you get older. A good chiroprator will tell you that.

MDs are no saints. They push what ever is going to make them the most money. Did you know that chiros work on more than just your back and neck? Mine tweeks my arms, elbows, legs, feet and knees also. Your whole body can be out of whack.

But with all my experience with both, I prefer chiropractic as a first line of defense against pinched nerves and such. When it degenerates to the point where things just won't stay in place anymore, it's time for surgery.

Again I say go to the doctor first because this does not sound like a pinched nerve...

11. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have to say I am the king when it comes to back problems. 4 pinch nerves, 2 that grew together and can't be seperated. 3 bad discs and I have has 2 broken backs. I would say go see a Orthopedic surgeon and have some X-rays taken. You can always go to a chiropractors once you know what is wrong.

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Is it back pain or maybe a kidney stone? PM jekbrown, he has ample experience in that diagnosis. Does it hurt to twist?

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    for the last few weeks i have been having this pain in the very middle of my back. on the left side only. it is right next to my back boone. some times when i move it will start tingling other times it feels like a bruise. if i touch it it feels numb to the touch. sometimes just breathing makes it tingle. anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]Go see a doctor. Yes, I hate too also, but you have too go see one for things like this. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Over 100mph and a sudden phone pole stop. Yes I have back problems. I would not go see a doctor unless I had to. I put off surgury for over 10 years after the accident by going to a back cracker. If I would have listened I probably would have avoided surgury. My whole problem is the doc would make it feel good and instead of me taking the time to let it heal I just went back to my normal bs. It finally caught up to me and surgury was the only option. Now there are no great days, I wake up everyday and it is stiff, I can tell when I over did it the day before. Don't get me wrong the surgury was a good thing for me and added some stability to my life knowing that I will wake up stiff everyday and move around a bit and it feels fine instead of going to be everyday wondering if you could get out of bed the following day. Mine was that bad. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

no it never does HURT i can just feel that it is there and it tingles sometimes if i twist sometimes if I'm just breathing i it will just start tingling. it feels like a very deep bruise when its not tingling but it don't hurt /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it feels like a very deep bruise

[/ QUOTE ]
    I bet your wife beat the sh!t out of you while you were sleeping /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ever wonder why a Chiropractor is not Recconized by the Medical Field as a real Doctor???

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG!!! My chiropractor has a full 6 years of med school and is licensed as an MD. Most doctors don't "recognize" chiropractors as doctors because chiropractors prefer whole body treatment as opposed to drugs and surgery. My chiro told me on one particular injury that I needed surgery to fix one of my problems and that I should go see an orthopedic surgeon and get his opinion. So it's not like they don't know when chiropractic will work and when it won't. They go through a heck of a lot of schooling before they start practice. 6 years of med school and then at least another 4 years of chiropractic. Chiropractic works great with the right injuries. But if you have a degenerative problem in your spinal collumn surgery will be the final outcome when you get older. A good chiroprator will tell you that.

MDs are no saints. They push what ever is going to make them the most money. Did you know that chiros work on more than just your back and neck? Mine tweeks my arms, elbows, legs, feet and knees also. Your whole body can be out of whack.

But with all my experience with both, I prefer chiropractic as a first line of defense against pinched nerves and such. When it degenerates to the point where things just won't stay in place anymore, it's time for surgery.

Again I say go to the doctor first because this does not sound like a pinched nerve...

[/ QUOTE ] Well my doctor told me that back pain is disk/nerve related and those adjustments that the Chiropractor Does usally causes more harm then good....I 'am sure that he knows what he is talking about because he is known to be one of the best in the country.......Just my opinion though, Been to both and speaking from experence........

18. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

You need to go to a doctor first and get a dx, then if it's not anything serious, decide how you want to try to fix it. Chiropracter, massage, acupuncture or traditional medicine. That is your decision to make /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have three bad disk in my lower back.been dealing with them for 5 years now. Go to an Orthopedic doctor and have it looked at. Don't go to a Chiropractor,

[/ QUOTE ]

With your beliefs of chiropractors I can believe you have been dealing with "bad disks" for 5 years. Orthopedic docs are great when needed. "bad disk" is a very general term and does not always indicate the need for an orthopedic surgeon.
    [ QUOTE ]

My Doctor told me that they are the worst people to go to when you have back problems. Ever wonder why a Chiropractor is not Recconized by the Medical Field as a real Doctor???

[/ QUOTE ]

As a chiropractor, I resent the spreading of misinformation. I have a good working relationship with many MDs in my area and the mutual respect for each other's abilities and knowledge is a good thing. I feel sorry for patients of your current doctor as he may be depriving them of another avenue to a pain free status. Drop by my office sometime and talk to my patients and ask them if a chiropractor is the worst person to go to for back pain.

20. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Well my doctor told me that back pain is disk/nerve related and those adjustments that the Chiropractor Does usally causes more harm then good....

[/ QUOTE ] Wrong again. Usually is a bad word. Can it cause a flare up? Sure can. I've had one disk patient respond negatively to care. After seeing her twice, I referred her to an MD for that line of treatment. She responded well to that route. I have had others with the opposite happen. I would prefer to start conservative and then get more aggressive regarding treatments than vice versa. It is hard to get our of the medical mold once they get you started down that path. It may be the right path, but I'd rather not start that way myself.

[ QUOTE ]
    I 'am sure that he knows what he is talking about because he is known to be one of the best in the country.......Just my opinion though, Been to both and speaking from experence........

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the difference between a doctor and an average joe? Schooling. That's it. A doctor's word is not law. Your doc is giving an opinion (an opinion tought in medical school by and large) and I disagree with it. The fact that he has a medical degree and I have a chiropractic degree makes him right? If you would like to compare schooling subjects and hours between medical docs and chiro docs, let me know. It will surprise you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif