Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have Carter Carb's web site??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IL84JIMMY, Apr 23, 2004.

1. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

Anyone have Carter Carb\'s web site??

I am looking at replacing my quadrajet. I cant find a sight for carter to see what part number i will need for a replacement carb for my 84 GMC Jimmy. Anyone know this number, or at least where i can find it. thanks

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Anyone have Carter Carb\'s web site??

Carter Carburetors went out of business close to 20 years ago. Federal Mogul bought the rights to the Carter design, but most of the Carter type carburetors are sold under the Edelbrock name brand.

3. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

carbs unlimited ( web page ) has about everything qjet you can need, with rebuilt carbs at $165- rebushed and everything. I'll be installing one this weekend.

4. IL84JIMMY

Thanks 1 Ton. I am looking to replace my carb with an edelbrock. I have been looking on Ebay at new carbs, and they are selling for right at about $200, and a lot of them too. Are these guys that are selling them getting a good deal somewhere that i could get one or what? Most places i have looked have these carbs for close to $300. Any thoughts? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. IL84JIMMY

avgas, just out of curiosity, why are you going with a rebuilt instead of a new edelbrock? I am new to all this, so any advice would be great. I have heard that the Quadrajets are good for trails and rockclimbing. I dont do much of that, almost all DD. But is there anything else i should think about before i buy a new edelbrock? Thanks

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    But is there anything else i should think about before i buy a new edelbrock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, if you have an egr valve , it will hit the rear of carb and you will need a spacer for either the carb or egr to run it. If you have no smog there and removed it all, then disregard what I just wrote. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

also are you gonna put a squarebore on instead on the q jet?? if you do , the stock intake wont allow the butterflies to open without a spacer on it.