Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have experience with Zero-Rust?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shewheeler, Aug 30, 2002.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Starting to think about paint now. The guy at the paint store told me about this stuff this morning. Anyone ever heard of it... or better yet, use it? If not, any thoughts on how well it might work? Thanks!

2. katie

katie Registered Member

Sorry no experience with that stuff .. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif But I have worked with Rust Converter made by PlastiCoat bought it in a parts store Pep Boys /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Best rust stopper
    I've ever worked with. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It helped hold my 87 blazer together for two years .. That thing was a piece of work. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Did you you read the part about the painted surface being the week link... It looks like you should take it all down to bare metal....

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HEY..ur from rochester ...ur like the only person besides..me and 94jeepYJ..(my friend) that ive seen from here..were abouts are you? and yea i can talk form experience with rust around here..rochester sucks for this stuff!!

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

looks pretty good.but who knows till you try it for yourself.there is always a new miricle product out there that is bigger and better or new and improved.but until you actually use it your self and see the results then you'll never really know.i think ill buy a couple rattle cans for when i repaint mine.not really too expensive and if it works as well as they say it does then 6 bucks and some change aint all that much for that kind of protection.