Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have M1008 military or standard 86 K30 Schematics ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZZ4x4, Jul 19, 2002.

1. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm having an issue on an M1008 with the starter signal not making it to the starter solenoid. Seems like a fuse or fusible link. Everything else works fine. Also I know the starter motor uses 24v but does the starter solenoid use 12V? I thought so, but it won't engage with 12 v....only 24 v. At least it did for a while, now I suspect it burned up /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Any help would be appreciated. Haynes manual and Dieselpage 6.2 troubleshooting guide have no good schematics. Even a stock K30 schematic would be better than nothing.
    Thanks,
    JT

2. tackettb

tackettb Registered Member

yeah I have the military TM's lemme scan the starting circuits page and I will post you a link.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

If I ever get around to cleaning out my shed I'd be able to find my TM's from the Army for the M1008. The -20's have complete wiring diagrams.

If I can find them I'll scan them and post them for everyone to use. Seems like someone is always looking for diagrams of that military stuff.

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks a bunch . I'll stand by.
    JT

5. tackettb

6. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Tackettb,
    Thanks. Great quality scan. Looks like my problem may be in the remote starter relay that I didn't even know I had /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif .
    JT

7. tackettb

Let me know if you need some other pages.

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

9. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Yup, It's a good site but hasn't been updated in a year or so due to Andy not having any Mil trucks anymore.

By the way, definitely found the remote starter relay is the problem. They don't happen to be available anywhere. What a surprise /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif . Anybody have a spare CUCV sitting around? It's the 4 wire box tucked up behind the dash to the right of the gas pedal? Connector is shaped like a cross. JT