Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have Pro comp Mx-6 shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chris672, Aug 12, 2002.

1. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Just wondering how you like them. Anyone know how they compare to Rancho 9000's?

2. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

nobody has them?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Save a little more money and get some Bilstein 7100s. Better shocks, fully tuneable and they'll last forever since they're rebuildable. Plus they look really cool, if you're into that kind of thing.</font color>

[​IMG]

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

so those bilstiens are cheaper than MX6s? how much are they? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> No, I meant save up some MORE money and get the Bilsteins, they go for around $160. Pricey, but worth it I think, when you realize that they should be the last shocks you ever buy and you'll be virtually guaranteed to love them since you can totally customize the valving. Might not be worth it though if you never do any high speed work... I'm getting them because I don't like dual shocks and singles fade to nothing real quick out at Pismo.</font color>

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Ain't that the truth! Exactly why I have dual RS9000's, but I was kinda angry when I realized that I could have run a single higher quality shock cheaper than dual 9K's. I was looking at a friends tacoma today that has fox 2.0 remote reservoir 14'' travel shox and I am gonna say that the 2'' body just doesn't look big enough for a fullsize truck without running dual. Maybe a single 2.5? Need more travel...When will the madness end!?!?!