Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have sensitive teeth?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 29, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got a filling a couple weeks ago, the molar is EXTREMELY sensitive and getting on my nerves. Eating ice cream now for the first time since I had it done and quite uncomfortable. Forgot the question, anyone have a good solution? Like those toothpastes or something?

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the dentist probably made a drilling mistake, its getting infected, pain, misery, all is lost...

3. mudgirl1972

mudgirl1972 Registered Member

go back to the dentist it sounds like there is still a nerve that is exposed, those sensitive teeth toothpastes didn't work for me, it almost made it worse. hope it gets to feeling better, try some baby teething gel to numb it for now or rub some jack on it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Try Crest for sensitive teeth. It takes 2-3 weeks to really start working. Stop using any tartar control or whitening toothpaste. Be sure to floss -especially at night, use the Crest toothpaste and don't rinse after-(leave a little paste on tooth in question). Most fillings are cold senstive for 3-4 weeks.

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I have really bad teeth to start but definately sensative, I get more sensative with stress, and it comes and goes, i could swaer i have an open nerve some days and the rest its fine, been to the dentist all the time, no cavities just weak sensative teeth it sucks!!

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I agree with the Crest Sensitive Toothpaste. My dentist told me to say away from anything with tartar control and whitening toothpastes. He also said that the expensive Sensitive toothpaste all have the same ingredients as the Crest.

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I had a couple crowns put on my molers. Hurt like hell for months. Went back to the dentist several times and he said if it didnt settle down in a couple months he was going to do a root canal. Eventually (after 5 months) the sensitivity went away.

BTW, I was also using a Tarted control toothpaste and they recommended not using that type because studies are showing it appears to enhance sensitivity. They recommended switching over to Crest or some other type of Sensitive toothpaste instead. Seems to work.