Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have tattoos on their hands?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GEORGIA GABE, Aug 8, 2005.

1. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

Im thinking about getting my wedding ring tattooed on my ring finger. I had a freind that did this but am no longer in touch with him. I want to have a ring but cannot wear one at work. I would loose it for sure if I was taking it on and off all the time. Just wanted to know how bad it hurt, if it looks ok after some time, and what you got.

thanks
    gabe

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ugh, I just wrote a bit post but it seems to have gone away...

alright, hand tattoos don't last. So don't expect anything of detail. Expect the stigma of a hand tattoo, no matter how lovely or nice it is. If you have an active job, keep it real simple so touch ups can be as simple.

Now for the tattooed persons speech on this one, don't do it man. I know you love her, but I've seen plenty of loves come and go. I've seen tattoos of those loves, come and go as well. One on your finger would be nearly impossible to get rid of(short of expensive surgery). Only other bet would be a big tattoo that would just make everyone look badly at you. One of the artists at the shop recently had to alter a tattoo for his wife. Lucky for him her name was Hope, he just added the word "No" above her name.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

no help but i like the stily of tat on brad pits hand in ocean's eleven.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

modern tribal piece that goes all the way up the arm.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

does it? thats cool i likes it for around the wrist by the thumb and pointer finger, would like to see the whole thing

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

cool i can even a get a temp rub on one!!!

oh and gabe i know what you meen about the ring, i got my self a titanium ring for my weding band because i knew i would kill a gold one, the only problem is if something ever happens and my hand swells, i am screwed because i dont think they could cut it off:eek1:

and i have come close a few times (like almost being lifted up by a host because it got caught!!!!)

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've often thought a tattoo would be the way to go. Working on cars, wearing a ring isn't a genius thing to do. Making contact to electrical connections or getting stuck in tight spots just isn't great. But I think it would be better for me to get some cheap gold band and lose it time and time again(cheap gold bands being easy to replace) then to someday have some random trouble that ends a marriage and leaves me tattooed forever...

9. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I know a few tattoo parlors around here won't even do your hands

They told me the skin was too thin, casue everything to blur together

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've seen beautiful hand work, it just takes a skilled artist....

11. idf_johnny

idf_johnny Registered Member

I did mine and love it. Every woman that sees it thinks it cool, and every guy says, "dude, you're screwed!" :D The shop that originally did the work did not want to, and told me if it needed to be retouched I would be charged again. The problem with fingers is your skin is different all the way around. On top the ink takes really well, the sides are a little thinner, and the palm side is very course and takes ink the worst because you continually wear off the skin. Yes, mine goes all the way around like a true ring should.

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Knowing you they'd never get a chance before you whacked it off yourself. :D

13. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

This might be too girly of a suggestion, but have you thought about wearing your ring on a chain? :confused:

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Rings on chains are super cool

15. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

the only marks on my body are the ones left by my hand connecting with someone else or likewise....

16. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

I want the ring to be obvious to anyone who I should come into contact with. I dont wear jewelry, not even a watch. I want any woman who might approach me to know straight off that I am married. I just dont think a ring on a necklace would do that. I also like the commitment factor.
    gabe

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thats what my uncle does. He is in his 60's and has been doing it for a while. Hes a carpenter.

18. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

It seems that alot of women that approch don't seem to care if you have a ring or not. Just like alot men. Within the first year with the wifey i lost my ring and 13 years later still have not replaced it. I do maintenance and pulled a big metal tray out from under a machine and was going to drop it but it caught the ring and cut my finger to the bone. Started either chain or pocketing it but lost it. It was just a cheap ring but still it is how you feel that matters not the ring thing.