Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone have trouble with Energy Suspension shackle bushings?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Feb 22, 2005.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I ordered a set of the 3.2128R's which is the correct application for Red Rear leaf spring bushings for my 89 blazer. The bushings for the leaf springs work fine however the shackle bushings are too big. I called Energy Susp. and gave the part # off of the bushing and it was the correct bushing #.

So did GM use different shackles? Energy Susp. "claims" to sell about 60 of these a month and have never had trouble with them.

I used a caliper on the two and the outside measurement of the bushing is 1 9/16" OD, the Caliper is 1 3/8" ID. Thats a difference of 3/16's and there is no way (short of cutting the bushing) that these will fit.

Anybody else have this trouble?

The truly sucky part is I had to drop $50 on a set of new shackles with bushings just so I can get my blazer back on the road. :frown1:

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There are at least three different sizes of spring bushings available for the rear of these trucks.