Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone heard about the new Ox axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shane74, Jan 26, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

They are touting a D35 as stronger than a D60 (i'll beleive when I see it). I saw a blurb about them in the latest issue of P4W&OR and my curiosity is piqued /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. I did a search online and didn't get anything of use, so...anyone heard anything about these?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I saw that blurb in P4W&OR. Curious too but I'm sure its bull.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They may be able to make Dana 35 axle shafts out of unobtanium that are as strong as a stock Dana 60 axle shaft. But unless they have a way to also beef up the tiny diff and the ring and pinion gears, then they will just move the weak link to a much more expensive part of the front end. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    axle shafts out of unobtanium

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    unless they have a way to also beef up the tiny diff and the ring and pinion gears, then they will just move the weak link to a much more expensive part of the front end.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking, but I am still curious about them. I'm not thinking that you use them on 1/2 ton gear and run big meats, but I am curious if they would be a viable upgrade for those of us still running 1/2 ton axles and 35's. Just a curiosity is all. Like I said. I'll believe when I see it.

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I would be for a beefed up 1/2 ton axle if I did not already replace my balljoint on a quarterly basis. Make some balljoints out of unobtanium with PRNW surface treatment and I am on it. Until then I will search my auto trader for a D60 or the truck that has one. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

PRNW = (Poly-Really-Slick-Never-Ware)