Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Heard of, or RUN MESA HEADERS??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Jul 18, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

My dad has some on his truck and I remember reading about them a year or two ago, and they were supposed to be the sh*t. I know when muffler guy checked them out he said they were very well built and designed, whatever thats worth. Anyways, I tried calling them, but the number doesnt work anymore and I heard they moved, and there website is under construction. Just wondering what your thoughts are on these babies.

2. bushwacker

bushwacker Registered Member

90blzr, I have had Mesa headers on my 99Yukon for 60k miles so far and have not had a problem at all. They are made extremely well and after the first re-torquing, the bolts remain tight and the flanges seal well. Performance enhancement was noticable especially on the low end. I have added a whipple supercharger since the headers and the combo is awesome. They were in Costa Mesa Ca. two years ago when I bought them. Hope this helps.

Bill
    72 k5 [​IMG]

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yeah my dad loves them and has had NO problems with gaskets since he's had them on. I wish could find out how to contact them.

4. baby blue

baby blue Registered Member

great headers

babey blue

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah I heard of them... they are really awesome from what I know and have seen. They are mucho bucks however price wise... for the money I think maybe you could do something else just as good but not as costly....?

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I remember by dad saying the were on the high side, but I dont remember how much. Thats why I wanted to give them a call and have them give me the run down on them and why they are so much better than the others out there, price, etc. If they are really that much higher than the others, then I will just use that money for other mods.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 90blzr on 07/20/01 04:05 AM.</FONT></P>

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Do you remember how much you paid, if you dont mind me asking? thanks

8. bushwacker

bushwacker Registered Member

90blzr, I think it was around 600. just for the headers and Y pipe.

Bill
    72 k5 [​IMG]