Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone heard of the new K5 Tahoe?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rebel222, Jun 4, 2002.

1. rebel222

rebel222 Registered Member

A friend of mine said something about GM making a new 2dr Tahoe so I looked it up. This is what I found. I really want one. It looks very promising for a new vehicle. I haven't been very impressed with SUV's in the last few years, but if this makes it out, There is hope.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/010115-4.htm

If anyone has any more info, plz post it

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

welcome to last week! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif...just jokin with ya.but this topic has come up a few times in the last year or so..it is a very nice lookin rig and hope it goes into production...i would buy one...if i had the cash

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

If only they had a real front axle!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That was built on the two door Tahoe platform. GM quit building the 2 door for lack of sales about the time the concept came out. Doubt we will ever see that truck.

5. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I am not sure what to think about weather we will ever see it or not, but I do know this. GM still builds 2 door tahoes. However, they are only for sale as base modles in mexico. Those ypes of vehicles still sell down there. So, it would not be difficult for them to build. I would prefer them scrap the half doors and build one similar to what we alread have. Or they could really shock us a build a full top convertable... Yeah right... A solid axle would be sweet too.., But I'd never hold my breath to see soilid axles from GM ever again.... however, the solid axle swap always remnains an expensive yet viable option... If I had the cash, I would buy an Avalanch lift it 6 inches, do a solid axle swap and put in say 35s at least, and pait that plastic... One final note, if GM ever does build that New K5, it will have the Avalanch front end garanteed. This is for sure becuase in '03 the pickups are going to be sporting that front end...
    Ike

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

so now you can ruin the blazer in two ways, s-10 or fullsize IFS
    bummer, looks nice but i dont think it needs the title "K5"
    grant

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think there is a very good chance of it coming out now that Robert Lutz is running the show at GM and the fact that they pretty much dominate the truck/suv market. Why not get a chunk of the fullsize short wheel base suv market. Hmm do you think there would be a market for them? I bet Lutz is thinking the same thing. Wouldnt be supprized if GM has already checked out this site just to see if the K5 was still popular.

8. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

suppose to come out 2003 half top. ive allready seen it.
    its a shortbed silverado without a top and a similar roll bar like what the avalanche has.

9. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

i dont like it, looks like an isuzu amigo

mike

10. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i emailed chevy when i first heard about it and shared my concern with the ifs, and how much i really liked the truck. I got a personal response that i was very impressed with. I didn't really think that someone would actually read the email and reply, at the most i thought they would have some data entry clerk making check marks on a database. but they responded. if enough of us write them i would think they would have to make it. Now if only my credit was good enough to buy one.

11. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Well whad they say? I wrote them on it to and I got just a generic reply.