Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here a dealer for JL Audio???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Greg72, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I've about reached the point when I am going to need to put some actual SPEAKERS into the cabinets I've been building for the last million hours [​IMG]

I know a few of the folks here work at stereo shops as installers, have connections at shops, or may even OWN a shop of their own.....

What I need is a pair of the JL Audio 10W3-D2 subs. I think the normal list price is around $180 ea. Hopefully someone here is willing to cut me a deal on a pair?

I know that either Good Guys or Circuit City occasionally offers a "2 for 1" Sale on subwoofers....though I'm not sure that it would apply to JL Audio...maybe just some of the other more low end stuff... anyone know for sure?

Thanks guys,

-Greg72

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

I dont know about good guys since we dont have one around here but i know circuit city doesnt carry jl audio.. Now if you are looking for a good price on them i might be able to help you out...I know alot of peps at stereo shops and i can usually get anything alot cheaper then what they list for... But you might also want to check out like ebay or something.. you can get good deals on subs there.. just let me know

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

3. Greg72

Prem,

For stuff with moving parts (CD players, speakers, etc) I don't really want to buy used from e-Bay....too much chance for abuse, damage, etc. I have bought stuff like my a/d/s/ PQ20 amps there though...

I would really like to get the best price I can for "new in box" 10W3's. If you have folks that could help, I'd really appreciate hearing from you again...either on this list, or directly in a private e-mail....check my profile for the address. THANKS! [​IMG]

-Greg72

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well there are alot of peps on ebay that sell new in box jl subs... i will make some calls today and see what i can come up with..

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

5. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Hey greg, I can get JL. What do you need W-6's ?

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <a target="_blank" href=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</a>
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

6. Greg72

XPLOSUV,

Actually, I decided to go with the 10W3-D2s.....A little easier to fit in the box because of the magnet shape, and no vented pole piece which would've needed more clearance.

I appreciate any help you can provide. You can respond to my private e-mail (in profile) if you'd prefer. My shipping zipcode is 95035....since I'm sure you'll need that too. [​IMG]

Thanks,

-Greg72

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Greg, Good Guys does get the 2 for 1 on the JL... I bought my MTX's there on that special... and saw they had them. I will check around for you tomorrow since I live like 3/4 mile from one... [​IMG]

C'mon captain break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

8. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

check to see what model they offer that special on.... if its the w0, w3, w6... thanks..

Prembird

9. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

the special at goodguys is on JBL

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <a target="_blank" href=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</a>
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

10. Greg72

Yeah I scoured their ad yesterday....They had a W0 on sale, and the 2-for-1 special on some other brand (maybe JBL or XPlod) I lost interest when I saw it wasn't JL Audio.

Anyway....do any of you know when the 2-for-1 on JL Audio will happen again? Do they rotate which vendor they do that promotion with? I have a suspicion that if JL participates in that deal, it will only be on the "low end" W0-type models and not the better series.....

If anybody hears....just let me know. The subwoofer cabinet project is at a standstill until I get some speakers to cut holes for!.......but even still, there are still over 600 views of my photos at Webshots!!! [​IMG]

-Greg72

11. ChevyCaGal

They usually offer these MTX woofers and Jensen ones on that special. Sometimes they have in stores specials which you don't get to see in the ads. Why I will run in and check for you... so I don't go in there and ask for the wrong info what is it exactly you want... size wise and everything? I buy a lot of stuff over there and the sales guy knows me pretty good and if I go to buy something that goes on sale soon he actually tells me so I can save some cash if I wait. How's that for finding a honest person despite working off commission! I think he'd rather make less here and there and earn loyal customers then screw ya and never see ya again... but I will ask him since he should give me a straight answer.... [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>

12. Greg72

Steph,

I need (Qty 2) JL Audio 10W3-D2. That's the dual voice coil 2 ohm version. There are also -D4 and -D6 versions of the 10W3, so you will need to specify the part number just the way I showed it above.

Thanks for your help...let me know if your 'contact' can help out on this one!

-Greg72

13. ChevyCaGal

Hey... the guy said that sometimes they get good deals on their stuff like that. He took my phone number to call me if this week they get anything... (he said if you can wait until Labor Day they will be having a big sale) Anyhow if I find anything I will let you know.... [​IMG]

14. Greg72

Steph,

I may have found THE screamin' deal on the subs....a friend of mine here locally offered to sell me a pair at "cost plus 10%"....I won't say how low that price is.......BUT IT'S REALLY LOW!!!!!

If this works out (which I'll know in the next couple of days) I will be able to update my webshots site with some new pictures, and some impressions of the "sound" that these speakers/cabinets make.....[​IMG]

-Greg72

15. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I can almost guarntee that the cost is 1/2 of retail. I remember the days at Best Buy when my discount was cost +5%, and it seemed like ALL audio equipment was 1/2 or retail, accessories have an even HIGHER markup.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.