Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here ALMOST ever die?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 20, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I missed my chance in a "few seconds" kind of way:

I went to a local (so cal) liquor store at around midnight.
    When I walked in the cashier was in a panic calling the police. He mumbled something about a guy outside that had been hit on the head and robbed. WELL, when I went back the next week, turns out the guy was shot in the head by some druggies that were hiding the bushes. This guy arrived just before I had got there. It would have been me....and you would not be reading this. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

by the way this was a few years ago

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yes I was in a explosion caused by a head on collusion last year. I was physically on fire and pinned down by my seatbelt. I knew I was going to die... let me say that again, I knew I was going to die, but for some unknown reason the seatbelt came unclasped by itself letting me escape certain death. I'm still kick'n though..... so party on! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

1976 or so F100 2WD 460ci at 100mph

[​IMG]

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

When I was younger (about 15) I had my appendix burst, by the time I got feeling bad enough (peeing blood) I decided it was time to go to the doctor....

They rushed me to the operating room sliced me open and started cleaning me out. I woke up a few days later and they told me my body was full of infection and had to literally pull all of my intestines out (because when you have your appendix burst the intestines balls up around it to holds the infection in one spot). Anyhow they said another couple hours and I would have died from infection......... at 15! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Some side stories this was right before Christmas (the 22nd when I went in), I was knocked out all the 23rd with pain killers, I woke up on the 24th and they told me if I felt pain I hit this button attached to my gown and it would give me a pain killer. Well within seconds of hitting the button I would be knocked back out. Since the hospital wasn't busy I was put in the children’s wing with a couple other younger kids. So I wake up the 24th about 8-9pm and there at the foot of my bed is (from right to left) mom, Santa, grandma and grandma's boyfriend..... WHAT SANTA!!!!!!!!! HIT THE BUTTON HIT THE BUTTON!!!!!
    When I finally woke up on the 26th I had horrible pains in my stomach... that’s when they told me about the pulling everything out deal, then they lifted my gown and showed me these two grenades attached to my side /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif On the inside of me they installed 5 tubes from 8" to 18" leading to my upper right shoulder, middle back, right side, left side and upper left side; They would squeeze the air out of the grenades and attach them to the tubes and they literally sucked out the remaining infection. About a week after they let me out I went in for a checkup and he says GOOD we can take these out now and RIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPP he pulls them out /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif (mind you... he pulls them out one at a time /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.... RIP, RIP, RIP, RIP!!!!) Then he takes this 16" que-tip and sticks it in the holes on my right side and I can see this thing under my skin on the left side /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif To this day I still have five little hole scares and a 8" incision scare /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

JESUS opened the belt,there is no such thing as luck.i'm not born again but i'm not stupid either.take it for what it's worth, i hit a guard rail head on ,and fliped end over end. the engine was pushed into the cab and the trans was in the bed.that stick shifter did number on my left leg.i woke up on the street /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifif you don't beleive thats cool,if you do praise GOD. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Sure, everytime I drive my car or walk near a road or fly in an airplane or step near a ledge or get so wasted I do something dumb I am near my death. I just hope I don't wake up as a grapefruit.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, on more then one occation, over more then one thing.

8. jjlaughner

Here's one that car related
    [​IMG]
    That is my s-15 that I slid off the road into a field one morning before school. We might have been going a little fast and got into that loose stuff at the side of gravel roads and started fish tailing. I had it going fine, then one bad over correction it had us (me a school friend Scott) sideways for a good two telephone pole distance before slamming on the brake, jumping the ditch and landing in the field. The only thing keeping us from flipping was when we came down was that we came down on the drivers side front tire and it popped off the rim! That slowed us down enough we landed on all wheels. We then caught the school bus to school, I got a call from the sheriff and after school went to dig the spare out from the under the rear and swapped tires. We used the 87 blazer to pull it out of the field, I went to the gas station popped the tire back on the rim and swapped in back on. We where lucky we were in seatbelts and of course I'm a professional! No damage to the truck but it was sold shortly there after, those 4.3lt vortecs are CRAZY in a 1200lb truck!

9. jjlaughner

here's one my pop's had a close call
    [​IMG]

He was driving to work when a semi-driver pulled across a two lane road in front of him. He slowed down and when to the right lane (to go around the back) and the semi stopped in the middle of the road, before he relized that he slammed into to the ladder/bump bar on the back. One of the lower sections went through the grill, radiator, took off the exhaust manifold and hit the passengers seat. Dad was lucky all he had was a bruse on his chest and a scratch on his knee. If it would have hit the driverside it would have shoved the steering column through his chest /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Thats the only good thing I see about the new electronicly controlled steering /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

the pickup was considered totaled after that but we had it fixed... its a 93 Ext Cab GMC 2wd (recently just got a creat motor transplant)
    [​IMG]

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yep, twice

when i was 13 (lucky age) i was riding my bicycle home from school and fell on some loose gravel at the end of an alley and rolled into the street and was run over by a car. the driver front tire hit me in the left sholder. 4 more inches and i would be hit in the head. the guy was doing about 35 or so.

i was going to work on my dads road bike oct 13 '03 and rear ended a truck. the truck was stopped in the middle of the road and i was doing 60. i flew about 75 ft and landed in the road. i got pics of the bike here on this site, some where.

ive had too many close calls /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

on my 21st birthday me a some buddies were up camping, we went to a campsite where we knew some people that were camping with some of their friends. well me and my buddies got a great idea to go up the hill and shoot a few rounds of through his shotgun into this hillside. we were about 200 yards away from the campsite. Well the friends of the peoples campsite we were hanging out with got all tripped out and came running up the hill and club me in the back of the head with a maglite and hit my other buddy aswell. Well we got the guys subdued and they said "ok were done you guys got us" so we let them stand up and one of the guys grabs the shot gun off the ground puts it in my face and pulls the trigger, the goes "click." i had shot the last shell into the hillside before they came up and started fighting at that point we just said [darn] it and left... Needed 8 stitches in the back of my head to close the wound... but atleast i still had my head.. I still get pissed when i think about that and i really really want to kill that sorry sack of [darn].

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

When I was self-employed some years ago, I was riding with a plumber in his van out to a job in the country and we were just driving down the highway getting closer to the dirt road where the job site was. As we slowed down and got ready to turn, an AMBULANCE, with its lights flashing, roared right by us on the left side. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif We both just stopped right there in the middle of the highway, shaking and mouths wide open. Never heard no siren, nothing. Just about got clipped or reared by a fricking ambulance that was on a call. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Needless to say, I was not very happy with the ambulance and its drivers. You'd think other drivers on the road have as much rights as any other driver, even ambulances especially when you don't hear or see them. Damn ambulances don't need to be driving 150 mph when they feel like it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    on my 21st birthday me a some buddies were up camping, we went to a campsite where we knew some people that were camping with some of their friends. well me and my buddies got a great idea to go up the hill and shoot a few rounds of through his shotgun into this hillside. we were about 200 yards away from the campsite. Well the friends of the peoples campsite we were hanging out with got all tripped out and came running up the hill and club me in the back of the head with a maglite and hit my other buddy aswell. Well we got the guys subdued and they said "ok were done you guys got us" so we let them stand up and one of the guys grabs the shot gun off the ground puts it in my face and pulls the trigger, the goes "click." i had shot the last shell into the hillside before they came up and started fighting at that point we just said [darn] it and left... Needed 8 stitches in the back of my head to close the wound... but atleast i still had my head.. I still get pissed when i think about that and i really really want to kill that sorry sack of [darn].

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm lets see, thats like attempted murder. That is bullshit man, you didn't do anything after that, besides cleaning up your underwhere?

14. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Being Immortal, I'm not sure it counts as 'Almost Dieing', but there have been countless times that I'd have kicked it if I'd have been mortal. Here's one of my favorites...

1979 Cutlass @ over 100mph, barrel rolled an undetermined amount of times. The engine mounts busted loose, and the engine almost ripped its way out through the hood. Busted off the distributor, fuel pump, smashed the carb, and smashed the rocker arms imprint into the rocker arm covers.

The black smudges you see all over the sides and hood of the car are my blood. My buddy and I were alone in the dark, and I had severed an artery when the windshield crushed my hand on the steering wheel, and we didn't know I was bleeding in the dark. He hopped into the driver's seat to look for a flashlight and said, "Did you piss yourself?" I said, "Well, I don't think so... Why?" He said, "It's soaking wet in here."

We finally found a flashlight, and found that everything, his clothes, my clothes, the interior of the car, the outside of the car, everything, was soaked in blood. And we couldn't figure out who was bleeding. Finally we saw blood spurting from the back of my hand and we got it wrapped with my shirt and got the bleeding stopped, but god only knows how much blood I lost. Had to have been on the order of quarts. There was a pool of blood on the driver's side floor.

A couple of days later I sat back down in the car in the driver's seat, the back of which was badly bent in the crash. With the roof crushed and the seat bent, there was no room for my head, which was sticking out the roof by a good 8 inches. To this day I have no idea where my head was when the car was rolling.

Another interesting thing about the wreck was that this was an old POS body that I dropped a healthy motor in. I bought it 'As-Is' and the previous owner had cut the driver's side seat belt for some reason. So I rigged up a temporary lap belt and never got around to the shoulder harness. The lap belt never worked right, and would occasionally just pop loose for no apparent reason during normal driving. I had it on that night and it held tight through the entire brutal wreck.

I could write a book on the number of times I should have been killed in instances like this, but I'd have to sell it as fiction, because nobody would believe it was true. Except my buddy Darryll, who was with me that night in the Cutlass, and on many of the other rides that we should have been killed in. Being immortal isn't all it's cracked up to be... Sure, you'll live through the wreck, but it's still going to hurt like hell!!!

[​IMG]

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Needless to say, I was not very happy with the ambulance and its drivers. You'd think other drivers on the road have as much rights as any other driver, even ambulances especially when you don't hear or see them. Damn ambulances don't need to be driving 150 mph when they feel like it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We almost broadsided a firetruck the other night. The truck was running to a call, had the lights on. We were on the highway taking a guy to jail and the firetruck almost pulled out in front of us, but no siren.......... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You already know my most recent "No Chit, There I was, Thought I was gonna Die" story...

[​IMG]

17. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

ok what should i have done.

18. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok what should i have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reloaded.

Or drawn whatever you were carrying in your waistband holster... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeap, on more then one occation, over more then one thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
    what he said.

i turn 24 on the 4th of april. i cant count how many times i have almost died. lots of stupid things. most of them i had no control over. im ready to die. when my time comes, i got all my bases covered and am ready to face death. i have lived a fairly full life. death isnt something to be scared of. its a fact of life.
    Grant

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey Grant! You and I have the same birthday... This year is a special one eh? 04/04/04... [​IMG]