Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here avoid taxes this way?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Jan 24, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Friend of mine was blabbering some jibberish about how he has'nt paid taxes for the last 6 years and has'nt been audited either. He claims that he has a form he sends in each year talking about how it is unconstitutional to pay income tax and that he refuses to participate?

Anyone know anything about this or does anyone actually do this? If so splain please?

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've heard of this before but its got to be bull. I cant believe the Gov would let something like that go. Maybe do a search on the Net.

3. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Not sure about that...I am sure he'll be getting a knock at the door soon. Hang around because he may want to sell a lot of personal items very quickly. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've heard alot of the same stuff too, there is some intersting stuff on the net about this subject.

www.givemeliberty.org
    www.bostonteapartyii.org

Related sites (this stuff is kind of wild, a little on the conspiracy theorist side of things, but very interesting.) These sites deal with what happened when the United States federal Governmern was declared bankrupt in 1933. The details are in the text of a speech by James Traficant here - http://iresist.com/cbg/bankruptcy.html

This is an interesting sidenote -
    http://www.gemworld.com/USAvsUS.htm

</font color>

5. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I don't think it is worth the risk.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I think you already explained it pretty well when you said "Friend of mine was blabbering some jibberish"

In a letter to Jean-Baptiste Leroy in 1789, Benjamin Franklin wrote, "Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

Although we do have to pay taxes, its more important for us all to make sure that our taxes are being spent wisely.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Although we do have to pay taxes, its more important for us all to make sure that our taxes are being spent wisely.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Now THAT'S an OXYMORON if I ever heard one!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yea, I've heard of that. Nothing new. Except that it hasn't held up in ocurt. However, there was (and may still be) a lawyer in Texas, named Hunt, I think, that had it pretty well worked out that after dealing with the IRS for a few years on behalf of a client, the IRS would send a letter saying that the client was no longer responsible for paying federal income tax.

This lawyer used only the IRS's own regulations to do it.

Last I heard, no client ever had a problem with the IRS with this guy dealing with the issue. However, last I heard ( maybe 4 years ago), the lawyer had some health issues, so I don't know if he's still working.

Sounds like your friend is just a tax protestor - that doesn't work very well over the long term.

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well he's one of those people that I have to put up with because of a club I'm in. Don't really like him much and he's one of those types who sues a lot. You know, workers comp cases for work related stress and so forth. His nick name is Slammer and I call him "Scammer"... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I hope I'm around when the IRS comes a knockin. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If it's true sign me up... I used to have no issues with paying taxes. I do now. If they went to where they should and not into some fatheads wallet it'd be cool. But nowdays I think most of what I pay in goes to the piss off fund. I don't appreciate working my butt off to only have my tax dollars wasted... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The details are in the text of a speech by James Traficant here

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats a good source concidering he's in prison. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif