Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone here bought "blem" tires before?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigarmzz, Jul 31, 2006.

1. bigarmzz

bigarmzz 1/2 ton status

anyone here bought "blems", tires that is?....i found some 35" 12:50 pro comp mud terrain's on ebay for $522 shipped:bow: (which is a SMOKIN deal);)

they "claim" that the blem is just in the way that the "pro comp" is wrote in the white lettering...which i could care less about anyways, since i'm puttin the letters in anyways:o

thanks

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have...

I got 4 235/75/15" tires for 20 bucks each a few years ago,at a tire store having a "blem" sale!..they were gaurenteed to only be "cosmetic" blems,and not have any structural defects..

I noticed one had the whitewall that was wider in places than the others,and the other 3 had no visible defects..--I mounted them with the whitewall facing inwards,and painted them black with a spray bomb..I had no trouble with them,and since I'm cheap and have used re-treads and boneyard tires 99% of the time with no real trouble,I scoffed them right up!..:crazy:

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

It can be a roll of the dice. If it's a true cosmetic blem, then it will be just as diesel4me says.
    My dad bought some blems one time and they rode so bad he could have sworn that the damn things were square. :rolleyes:

Cosmetic blem - ok
    Structural or functional blem - maybe ok for off road but I'd stay away as a road tire

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

in the tire biss the wording blem is only to cosmetic blemish problems. not casing problems. i would run blems in a heart beat. most of the time you cant realy find the blem on the tire.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had a set several years ago. Cosmetic blems. Ran great.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have run cosmetic blems from Super Swamper. Had some TSL's that were blems, but Interco will only sell cosmetic blems. My tires had a few logo mistakes... So crooked "TSL" logos. A few were missing, etc....

7. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

yup... im running some blem swampers right now, just missing letters etc, got 5 36x13/16 TSLs for $525

one of them had 3 pin holes in the side wall and interco replaced it with a first grade tire for free :D

8. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Now that's a helluva deal. :waytogo:

9. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

run them I did on my car couldn't find a blem on them got four brand new tires with warrenty for 45 bucks (they were on a metro the 12" wheel)

10. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

For what it is worth the Town I was a cop in was sooooo cheap they used blims on our patrol cars when they could get them. Never had any problems of course they were cop tires and speed rated. Ran them at speeds of 100 mph on several times. Never had any problems!

11. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Chevy imported to Dagobah, Master Yoda? :D

12. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I got my 33x12.50x16.5" TSL's before everybody spilled the beans about how cheap interco blems were going for.. 366 shipped to the door, and boy they are AWESOME!