Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here done business with this place

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by kgillyk5, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

http://myworld.ebay.com/sgweldstore/

Or maybe have an ebay recommendation for MIG and Plasma machines. Pricing is better then local but I'm a little leary pulling the trigger as I am an Ebay newb.:o

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd look around locally a bit more. I know I personally can get stuff in my favorite welding store for the exact same pricing, cheaper on the Miller 251 I believe.

Though I guess free shipping negates Tax. I just like the idea of having a place to take it back to if I am spending that kind of money.(which I will be very soon).

3. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Thats exactly my problem. Local is 20 bucks less but online stuff is no tax and free shipping,...that's a lot of $$$ on a 1200-1700 dollar item on state tax. I guess if the local shop is a mfg repair shop they will service my stuff regardless of where I bought it from. Then to make it worse or better depending on your comfort level, the ebay stores ar even cheaper but you wonder what the risk is w/ the "to good to be true" online transaction. Like anything it's a comprimise. Pay for a known good thing or go for the deal and hope all goes good.:o:o:o

4. bigblaza

bigblaza Registered Member

Did you see the mig/Tig/Plasma combo's for like 700 bux????!?!? And a couple of people on here got them from ebay and said they work great, as advertised. I can send you the link if you like...

5. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks but I'm pretty set on the Mfg of the gear I need...just looking for a trusted online presence selling Miller/Hypertherm/ThermalDynamics gear.

6. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm a beginner welder and got my Lincoln SP135 from a place that also sells on ebay called Indiana Oxygen Co. Price was great, too. They also have a pretty good website. Just my .02$

7. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Big...I'll check 'em out.:D

8. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Buying local has its benifits. The guys at the local shop can be a wealth of info for you and may hook you up when it comes to consumables. If the price difference is just tax I always stick with the local guy.

9. bigblaza

bigblaza Registered Member