Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone here ever have to ................( ha ha ha ha ha lol lol lol )

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Nov 15, 2002.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

(updated nov 18th) ( again nov 20th )

anyone ehere ever have to walk away from a CLOSE special friend of decades because they had become an unhealthy person in your life and it just had to happen? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I did tonight finally and Im not sure how to feel about this, but Im not liking it..

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Re: anyone here ever have to (sad)................

YEP! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    One of my best friends in through jr-sr HS came back to town last thanksgiving (about 6 years after he moved to AZ) he was all high from smoking weed constantly and he drank like fish. I hung out with him the first few nights and acted like it didn't bother me, the last night he got drunk and mad because I wouldn't drive him and this other drunk guy to a bar 45mins away to get into a fight, he said some sh!ty things and I have not talked to him since. He has called here and talked to my parents because I was at work, and he has sent an email to say nice webpage/truck, call me sometime. But I dont think I can, unfourtunatly that night keeps replaying itself in my head.
    I'm not saying smoking and drinking are bad, but when people who are supposed to know you, deliberatly do it around you, thats not cool. Also he told his mom that the last time he came to visit (the previous thanksgiving that I was a senior in college) that I smoked up with him and that was a lie! And he kept pushing it. I have drank my fair share and I have smoked a few packs of cigs and quite a few stoggies but never weed or drugs in general. And for someone that was supposably a good friend telling others I done that stuff with him put me over the top. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Unfortunaly most of the other people I went to HS and college with I have lost touch with for whatever reasons, mostly I guess people grow tired of each other or maybe they feel they can't grow if they hold on to their old friends.
    I parted ways with several friends over the years and when you run into them its hard to tell if you have changed or if its them, but the closeness changes and sometimes it feels like you dont know them at all. I guess when you stop spending everyday around someone things change and they are not usually for the best /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    They say the friends you make in college are the friends that you will have for a lifetime and I'm starting to see why. Even though several of my friends from college live hundreds and even thousands of miles away I still stay in contact with them. I just got a letter and a package from one of best friends in college, he moved to china 3 years ago. They let me know whats going on in their lives as do I. Most of the time you say oh things are good, I've not been up to much, then you spend 20 minutes ranting about work then a hour talking about school. Some say good friends last a lifetime, but I would guess most people have several different lives in a lifetime. Be it HS school, college, work, single life, dating, and/or then married.
    OK, I've probley said too much and read way to much into your post but there's my 6.5cents worth
    /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

HA! Look at the post time for my last entry
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    11/15/02 04:20 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
    4:20am /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I think that stuff is funny but its not me personally.
    I dont think you can expect to get over a friend anytime soon and it always feels odd, bad, whatever when you think about it and you dont know what they are up to or if they are OK. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

been there... its tough..

When I decided I was going to grow up.. I got rid of all my friends that were not headed in the same direction I was.

I can say, all my current friends are awsome people that I would do anything for. Im glad I made the decisions I did.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yup...98% of everyone i knew 3 years ago. a few of them a doing time, one has OD'd and a few more are well in their way.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I know how that can be, it definately sucks, but you gotta stabilize yourself before you can effectively take care of someone else, and if they're hurting you, you gotta cut it off.

I had to part ways with a good friend not by my choice around 17. His dad sent him to Indiana to live with his mom, cause we caused too much trouble hanging out together...

I usually lose touch with my friends when I leave a job or they leave. We just lose touch, and maybe once or twice a year get in touch again.
    I think I just burned a real good bridge and lost a real valuable friend last week, though.

7. uglychevyZZ4

I know how that can be, it definately sucks, but you gotta stabilize yourself before you can effectively take care of someone else, and if they're hurting you, you gotta cut it off.

[/ QUOTE ] that was pretty much the point. the person was a best friend and good man until probably a year ago and went down the drain and i stuck by him until it became too much to handle. it was m ore hurt than anything else. he is destructive and a threat to the security of my family and it had to happen but i feel like poop.

8. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you gave it your best, uglychevy. You are all the better for it. Time to start a new chapter in your book of life /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    I know how you feel. It just downright sucks but it will get better.

9. uglychevyZZ4

Yes I do know that, it is just hard to swallow that it is actaully 1 friend less I'll have, it has been comin for a while, I had actually had a post on it months ago just seeking input from those elder smarter folks and this was where it had to end up, right where there was nothing left of the friendship.

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i hang out with and ma friends with a totally different group...all the people i used to hang out wiht most of my life..are now doing drugs/dirnking..you know..and im like the only one out of all those guys that was actually smart to walk away from it..and im proud to say that i am a 16 year old that has never touched a cigerate..drank alcohal..(cept for sips on new years hehe) or done any kind of drug ever..and dont plan on any of it ever.

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I've had to walk away from friends. People who after I graduated HS with kept acting like they were in HS. I tried to be there for them but I gave up. They chose drugs and decided that nothing else was important. You can only do so much for someone no matter what it is. They have to make a choice for themself at some point. You can't force anyone into anything, and sometimes it's best to just walk away if their path is going to bring you down with them....

12. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

"That which causes us pain only makes us stronger."- Ben Franklin
    You are doing the right thing.

13. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that situation. I hope it will all work out.

14. uglychevyZZ4

sometimes it's best to just walk away if their path is going to bring you down with them

[/ QUOTE ] yep, and i know that, I just hated to have to do it. o well, life goes on /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Maybe they'll wake up to the issue at hand since you did make that choice to walk away. If enough people say enough is enough eventually they'll realize what they are doing is not working. It's hard, but sometimes doing what you did and walking away helps them more then trying to stand there and reason with them....

16. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey rob sorry to hear about the bad news bro. hope everything works out for ya. maybe that person will realize how they messed up and want to make up for it and make it better. later rob.

jacob

17. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Maybe they'll wake up to the issue at hand

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or maybe you'll end up burrying him like an old friend of mine who could'nt leave his evil way's behind him. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

18. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

good 4 u man. youll never be sorry for it either. and ya know what, employers like that to. for the most part, clean life =clean police record to. be proud of yourself and keep it that way, your doing your parents proud also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

u r definetely right on that one. steff, u among several others are the true wisdom of ck5. i have had the pleasure to converse here or at least read the comments of, so many quality peolpe here that make up this site. id wish more people would learn from the mistakes of others and not make the same mistakes themselves. making mistakes i guess, is one form of living and learning, its just sad that some never get the chance to change before tragedy strikes. but on the other hand, i have had differences of opinion with a few /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.i to, have had to walk away from friends, i miss them, but i was never sorry for my decision. its all to easy to get sucked in and be a follower. friends are friends, they come and go. but for ther most part, family is the one and true individuals to stick by and that will be there and that you can count on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif steff, never change your a good person.

20. uglychevyZZ4

Maybe they'll wake up to the issue at hand since you did make that choice to walk away

[/ QUOTE ] Nope /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif tried that before and it was just a tease so thats why this has taken damn near a year to finalize, this time this friends dishonesty stepped over the line and almost put my kids in harms way and thats where I say " THE BUCK STOPS HERE " /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so thats that and Im sure when the dust settles Ill be much better off, just have to find a new best friend, LMFAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif