Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here from MD or remotely local?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Sep 27, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Anyone here in MD, PA, or VA etc... know any good trails? I am kinda wanting to see if anyone wants to go around Nov. and/or Dec.

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I dont know about anything in MD but I live in NJ and theres some stuff down at the southern end. Also, check out Paragon Adventure Park near Hazleton PA (do a search, theres tons of stuff on this place). Its been compared to Moab and theres an article on it in this month's Fourwheeler on page 116. The club that I'm in went two weekends ago, but I was unable to make that trip. Next time, Im going for sure</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue></font color=blue>

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

hey, i'm from so. chester county Pa.. as for any trails around here there aren't any that i know about. i ride a dirt bike when i can and even those trails are hard to come across. we usually go 2 hours to N.J. southern end. somewhere in the pine barrens near a forest preserve or natoinal forest,. something to that effect.other than that i don't know of any 4x4 places around here

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

i am originally from richmond, VA but right now am at school in Farmville, VA. We have a few trails around my home in Richmond. We have some helluva mudholes too. What kind of stuff are you interested in? rockcrawling, mud, a little of everything? let me know and maybe we can put something together. i got a ton of buddies that love to thrash their rides. drop me a line and i can get back to you. What part of maryland are you in?

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

BigGray is right. Hazleton is supposed to be nice (haven't been there). There are some spots here in Central -> South Jersey. I don't know what you looking for, but it's all mud down here. You can look at http://www.njfourwheelers.com at the pics and see what kind of stuff there is around here. Depending on where you are in MD, it could be a long hike though.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey fr8train,
    I just checked out your profile. I see you are from NC, but now in MD. Well, I use to live in NC too, HighPoint, NC for 4 years, and now live back in Maryland. Should've stayed down there though. I live in Columbia. Where are you? No trails in Columbia or anywhere near. I usually go to VA and wheel in the George Washington National Forest down there. I know in Western MD (far from me) are lots of trails too. I know some people in Carrol County that wheels around there, and they also go to Schmoken, PA and wheel there too. If yall are planning to get together sometime, count me in.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Boss!!!!!!!!! I live in Thuderhill. I am originally from MD. Moved for school and got residencey in NC. Now I am back. I go to HCC, UMBC, and CCC. I am taking almost 21 credits this semester. We got to get together sometime, UNO's/Rocky Run/Fells point. I used to live in Burlington, NC/ Elon and Alamance Community College. I havent been to Jersy to 4x4. Normally just fly thru to get to N.Y. I like doing anything on a trail mostly unwind and do some light trails. If I am in the s#@$ then I am all for mud. I have no crawling experience( unless your talking about the anual bar crawl in Fells point) I would love to go though. I am not really set-up for crawling. Mostly sand/med.trail-mud. Lets try to get setup sometime. PH# is 443-838-5123 or 410 997-0769.

8. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm in Frederick, MD. I need to know where some trails are too. I'm from PA and drive old strip mine trails but nothing too hard.

9. Boss

Wow, where were all you people when I was setting up the trail run in August to VA???
    Fr8train, I live in Owen Brown!!!!!! I use to live in HighPoint, NC. About 45 min from Burlington, NC. Went to HPU. Damn dude, when been close all our lives it seems. What Highschool did you go to??? I went to Oakland Mills, years ago. I assume you went to Howard or somewhere around there. We definately should get together sometime. A friend of mine goes to Bridgwater College in VA. Right next to GW national forest. He drives a 79' Bronco. My number is 410-258-0201. That's my cell. call anytime bro. I'll be in NY this weekend, but I'll definately be around after that. Later
    Boss
    ps, oh, forgot to mention, this dude I know and his buddies might be going to a trail run in PA, about 3 1/2 hours from us sometime in October. This place is all mud and trails. I saw pics but never been. I don't know these people personally, but met one threw the net.

[​IMG]

10. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Speaking of being close, I grew up about 40 minutes away in Southern DE, Millsboro to be exact. I'm in South NJ now though. Is there anywhere around you down there? Or do you go in PA?

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]

11. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey Boss, let me know if you want an extra for PA. I'm in South Jersey so unless you are going to West PA, it's not too far.

12. Boss

Fr8train,
    Oh, I forgot to mention, my girlfriend goes to UMBC, and two of my brothers goes to HCC. And I knew some people who went to CCC back in the day. Does your truck have a 98Rock bumper sticker on your rear bumper??? My girl told me she saw a big truck like mine with a 98rock bumper sticker on the tailgate like mine has. (she doens't know anything about trucks so asking her details was like speaking foreign.)
    Boss

[​IMG]

13. Boss

Panther,
    Yeah, the trail that I'm talking about is in like the Easter part of PA. I found it on Mapquest before, but now forgot the name of the town it was near. I'll contact that dude I know that is going ther in Oct. and fill yall in. The more K5's the better. The dude I know has a 75' K5 like mine and his buddies have jacked up Ford P/u's and Chevy P/U's. They all have beastly rides. I'll keep you posted.
    Boss

[​IMG]

14. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey 89k5, I live outside of boonsboro. We are all pretty close, we need to organise some trail rides!!!!
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gosple!

15. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

This is REALLY scary -

Panther - my "wife" grew up in south Jersey - Elmer / Monroville (sp) area. She went to Woodstown (sp) HS. We vacation in Cape May!

Rebel88 - my aunt works for Hampden-Snyder College. Her whole family (my mother) grew up in Farmville!

89K5 and Boss - the "wife's" sister and my stepson live in Morgantown W.Va.! Lots of woods and trails there!

behemoth K5

16. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

The world is tooooooo small. Elmer is really close. One of my best friends/roommate at college lived right outside of Elmer and went to school over in Pittsgrove.

17. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hey Behemoth what does your aunt do? I might know her. I play football here and the faculty and staff love the football team. We are playing Bridgewater this weekend actually so I will be around GW forest on sat. night and sun. We got to put some stuff together guys. I have about 10 people here at school and 30 at home who have trucks and will travel! Keep me posted and maybe we can put something together.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

18. Boss

Hey Rebel88. What college do you go to. One of my good buddies plays football for Bridgewater College. He plays Nose takcle on Defense. He's their starter. His name is Jay Frizelle. So look out for him. What positition do you play? I was just down there about two weekends ago visiting him and wheelin with him. He drives a 79' Bronco. His older brother is like one of my best friends. (Yep, definately a small world.)
    Boss

[​IMG]

19. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Boss,

I have a 88K5 w/ two tone Blk&gry. She is my daily driver so no lift, yet. Its wrecked on the passenger side. Your girlfriend wont miss it. I have a divers flag license plate( SSI cert.), 8' whip antenna, hood deflector, lund sun visor, Blk privacy glass w/Hobbes( Calvin & Hobbes) on each side. I have been rear -ended a total 7 times here in MD. Its funny I have taken out every radiator and one oil cooler( slammed Ranger). We definitley should get together, you can show me some places to get repairs and parts here. This place is really bad for that stuff.

20. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

representing lower bucks co. PA . Jarheadk5 is right near me too. My dad lives in southern chester county, i know a dude that lives in bridgewater VA, he has a hunting cabin and 70 acres totally landlocked by GW national forest. Any of you guys know todd lake camp grounds? (in GWNF) i have been vacationing there for years, my buds cabin is right there. Im not ready for any trips yet, i just started building my rig. Keep me posted though.

matt

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!