Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here from New Hampshire? (Veh. registration questions).

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moe., Dec 9, 2000.

1. moe.

moe. Registered Member

My brother lives in NH, and I live in CT. I'm trying to register my truck here, but inspection is really tough, and alot of work needs to be done to make it go through. How does inspection in NH work? Thanks in advance.
    It's a '75.

Live free or die!

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

2. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

I have had difficulty in the past with inspection here in NH. It really depends on where you take it. I would recommend going to a small town gas station and stay away from the auto parts stores (VIP,NAPA,Pepboys etc.). There is no emissions check here, but you will fail if you have no CAT when you should. Most places will put your truck on a lift, check the pads + shoes, rock your front tires to see if the steering is loose, and check tread. All lights must work (incl. license plate lite). They sometimes get stinky about major rust. I have had problems before - my K5 failed last year because the back floor was too rusty. [​IMG]

You need to be careful about doing that because the cops in MA + CT know it is easier to get vehicles on the road up here. If your plates dont match your address they may give you a hard time. A friend of mine who lived in CT did the same thing that your thinking about to get cheaper insurance and got in some hot water.

What is keeping your truck from passing down there? If you get it registered here and cant pass inspection you can aways make a fake inspection sticker with your computer - its only a $72.00 fine if you get caught (no sticker is $42.00). As long as they dont have a reason to pull you over your all set. This worked for me in the past when I was in a jam. [​IMG]