Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Here Good with Hydraulics?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by SAVAGE1, Dec 16, 2002.

1. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

No not for lowriders, for my tube bender. If anyone has hydraulic pumps, rams, or anything I can use please let me know. The ram needs to be at least 10 ton and 16" stroke minimum. I'd like to copy this setup but its a bit out of my budget, over $700 for just the hydro stuff /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif:

[​IMG]

Full Write Up

TIA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I am buying a 10 ton Ram from Harbor freight, it's 99bucks now.

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

You got the item #? Is it the cherry picker ram or the kind shown in the pic?

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

10 ton ram
    Would this be better?
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Are you planning on using it for a bender too? I was looking at that kit and thought it wouldn't work because it only has a 6" stroke. How does that kit work exactly, do you have to pump on the handle to push the ram?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If ya want to go with the cherry picker ram, think twice. There's a member on here that has one that is working for him, but I went that route and can't get the ram to move the bender anymore, though it still works like it is suppose to. There's a guy over on PBB, tsm1mt I believe that is using a porta power that is linked on this thread. Do a search over there for tube bender and his screenname, he's got pics up. Right now, I'm waiting to order a air/hydro 8 ton ram and hook it up to the compressor that I'm waiting on.

I would love to go the same route as you pictured, just don't have the knowledge to do it.

7. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Bubba, I've read all your posts here and on Pirate about topping off the cherry picker ram. I agree, the easiest route would be the air/hydro ram. I went to place the order last night and couldn't find the ram on HF. I emailed them but no response yet, I hope its not discontinued. I'm just looking for other options for now.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I called them about a week ago, it's on backorder and they didn't have a clue when they were getting more.

Anyway, here's the link to HF, oops, bastages......Anyway, I think this is the part number 43227. Furthermore, a guy over on PBB turned me onto a place called Maxtools. They have one also, but the mount is different than the HF one, and in my case easier to hook up to my mount and it's $20 cheaper. Here's the part number for it 3083. I couldn't find it on the website
    Max Tools the number is 800-629-3325. Are you gonna be ordering ASAP? I would like more info, I PMed the guy on PBB, but his box was full. Service, availablity type stuff? It's gonna be after the first of the year before I'm gonna be ordering.

9. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Well, got a reply back from Harbor Freight. The $89 Air/Hydro ram is discontinued /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif That sucks A55. I might just have to bolt this biatch to the ground to get started!

10. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I have rams like that one on my dump truck to lift the tailgate. The way it looks in the picture it's setup power in and out. I have 2 extra rams some where in my garage. You would sill need a hyd pump to drive it and a control valve to control it. You could also set it up as power out and a big spring to pull it back. Grangers sells rams like that I think. And they have the rest of that stuff too. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Thanks Bruce, I'll check with Grangers. You wouldn't happen to have extra hydro pumps and valves laying around do you? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Those are the expensive parts.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Did you call Maxtools? They have them.

13. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Dang, forgot to call them, been busy at work. I sent them an email but no response. Hope the have it when I call tomorrow, I want to start bending crap before Frank Raines.

14. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Thanks man, they still have them in stock, mine should be here next week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I can't wait to get one, I still haven't gotten a compressor yet, but that story is best saved for the non-4x4 forum.