Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here got any headers they can sell?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Dec 8, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I need to either replace some broken studs in my stock exhaust manifolds, or step up and buy some headers. I'm leaning towards the headers. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I figured I'd hit up the locals first before I go to the wanted parts forum.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Your a couple days short my man, i just sold my set to leadfoot067

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a set of headers off of a '66 GMC 2wd. Not much to look due to surface rust from sitting but still solid. I'm just not sure if they would fit a 4x4 as all the catalogs list 2wd and 4x4 as seperate part #'s. I will sell them for $25 if someone could use them.

4. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

how bad u need them shane? i hadnt planned on installing them for a few months...if you NEED them then ill let ya have them...

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, I broke a stud on each of my exhaust manifolds and the cost of having an exhaust shop fix them and/or replacing them is about as much as a set of headers. I'd like to go headers to finish out my exhaust set-up. I am trying to get my truck back on the road before the end of next week. I can run it with a leak (on each side) for a little while, but I'll really need to get it fixed soon. I have been using a buddy's truck for the past 4 weeks and I need to get it back to him before he thinks I'm trying to keep it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif lol.. He know's there's NO chance of that. It's a little nissan pos /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I don't want to snake any deals from anyone though. I just thought I'd check to see if anyone had any for sale. I have found it's much better to do business with the local CK5 brothers than most shops! We seem to be more honest and trustworthy than your average parts store or repair shop!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Besides, it helps keep the flow of $$ for modifications going! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well if shane(leadfoot)wants to back out and let you buy them, thats fine with me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I can check with my other half and see what he has hiding in his shed he maybe willing to part with (I swear he could hide a whole truck in there and I wouldn't notice /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ). I'll get back to you tonight.

Orrrr on the other hand we have replaced manifold bolts before and have some experience with doing it, want to learn a new trick? Might get ya by for a little while until you can find a good set of headers.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can check with my other half and see what he has hiding in his shed he maybe willing to part with

[/ QUOTE ]

Leadfoot was gracious enough to let me buy his from 'tazz. Thanks Shane! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So I'm covered there!

[ QUOTE ]
    we have replaced manifold bolts before and have some experience with doing it, want to learn a new trick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always up for a new trick! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif Plus, I'd like to keep the stock manifolds. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Well thats good you found some so quick.

As for the stud replacement trick pretty much anytime except this weekend (xmas tree thing and xmas party at the inlaws /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif ). Just let us know when you got time and we can work something out.

We always keep the manifolds too, have had some cheap headers at times that leaked. Or I can get my husband to write you up a nice detail of how he does it (he did it on our camaro's manifolds and they have yet to leak).

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can get my husband to write you up a nice detail of how he does it

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be very cool! Thanks!