Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here in law enforcement? I need some advice,,

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bckinblk, Sep 13, 2004.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I have been scratching my head for the past couple of days .Ok I just recently bought a 2001 silverado and I took it into the dealer for service .But when I got it back it felt different .loss of power..I researched this and came to the conclusion that they must've flashed my computer to reset it.Now problem is that before it went in to the shop it had a performance tune that I believe they erased.They will not admit to anything.I politely asked them if I could have the name of the previous owner so that I may speak to him and ask him what computer mods he had performed on the truck before he traded it in.Well the dealer will not give me any info due to a privacy contract..My question is how would I find out who the previos owner was.Would the vin # tell me .Do I have to go to dmv??I just want to ask him what he had done for mods and maybe possibly he still has the programmer or can download the old program for me. What should I do????? Thanks in advance for any info...

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

carfax

3. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I tried with no luck??

4. CR

CR Registered Member

DMV or if you think it was a local owner go the county tax office and see who was paying the bills prior to you. It may be different in your state than here in N.C. If your DMV is like ours they are never much help.