Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANYONE HERE OWN A WHIRLPOOL TUB??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Brians 60s, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

looking to build a home and was checking out those cool whirpool bathtubs. There is a Jacuzzi brand one in the local nickle ads for a good price. Is Jacuzzi a good brand? what features are most important to look for? and what brands are good and not so good? thanks, Brian

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Brian,
    Installing these things is what I do for a living.
    I would not recomend a Jacuzzi brand they are pretty flimzy and tend to crack. I would recomend a Lasco whirlpool tub they have the best warrenty and custermer sevice program. You can get them in several lenths widths shapes and colors Some of the Home Depot stores carry them or can order them. Also you can get them with a shower combanation. it's pretty cool. Or check out www.lascobathware.com

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Had one at my house in PA, biggest waste of $5K we put into that house (built it brand new). We used it three times in three years. I'd suggest getting an outdoor hot tub instead..............for about the same $ you have something that is ready anytime you are, instead of needing to wait and fill the tub. I use mine 4-5 times a week even in the rain. More fun outside too............/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Are those whirlpool tubs high maintenance? How reliable are they?

Thank you